Problem Switching between 2 Users Accounts

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Have a relatively new PC, running XP Home ed.

    Have accounts set up for 2 users.
    Never any problem switching from one to the other

    For the first time, now, occasionally, but not all the time, it won't accept
    the other user when I click
    on the icon to switch them.

    This has happened a few times, usually after several hours of operation.
    No other problems with PC.

    Re-booting the PC makes everything fine again.

    Any thoughts on ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Dec 23, 2004

  2. How do things appear in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.
    Is "Fast User Switching Compatibility" running and set to Automatic?

    A reboot solves many problems....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Robert11

    __ Guest

    There may be a program running on the system that is stopping it form
    switching . this has happen to me when trying to run program that are a
    little older.
    if it fails to switch users than just log off and change user.
    __, Dec 24, 2004