problem surfing certain web sites but some are ok

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by AL_M, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. AL_M

    AL_M Guest

    as stated in title
    I can surf MOST web pages
    but there are a few which for 2 or 3 days now are just refusing to load for
    me
    one of which is
    www.celticfc.net

    I did a tracert on this and here are the results of that

    1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.147.0.1
    2 10 ms 8 ms 7 ms
    62-31-64-129.cable.ubr06.brad.blueyonder.co.uk [
    2.31.64.129]
    3 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms pc-62-30-251-37-ro.blueyonder.co.uk
    [62.30.251.3
    ]
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7

    any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I can rectify
    it
    none of the sites are any DODGY sites that might be blocked out for any
    reason
    its things like wikipedia and hot deals uk forum that I cant access as well
    as Celtic fc website

    thanks in anticipation
    Allan

    AL_M, Jun 1, 2007

  2. AL_M

    Yddap Guest

    AL_M wrote:
    > as stated in title
    > I can surf MOST web pages
    > but there are a few which for 2 or 3 days now are just refusing to
    > load for me
    > one of which is
    > www.celticfc.net
    >
    > I did a tracert on this and here are the results of that
    >
    > 1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.147.0.1
    > 2 10 ms 8 ms 7 ms
    > 62-31-64-129.cable.ubr06.brad.blueyonder.co.uk [
    > 2.31.64.129]
    > 3 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms pc-62-30-251-37-ro.blueyonder.co.uk
    > [62.30.251.3
    > ]
    > 4 * * * Request timed out.
    > 5 * * * Request timed out.
    > 6 * * * Request timed out.
    > 7
    >
    > any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I can
    > rectify it
    > none of the sites are any DODGY sites that might be blocked out for
    > any reason
    > its things like wikipedia and hot deals uk forum that I cant access
    > as well as Celtic fc website
    >
    > thanks in anticipation
    > Allan

    Ex Blueyonder ( VM) are having troubles in Jockland
    Look in " blueyonder.support.hi-speed "
    --

    Yddap

    Yddap, Jun 1, 2007

  3. AL_M

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:34:34 GMT, "AL_M"
    <> wrote:

    >as stated in title
    >I can surf MOST web pages
    >but there are a few which for 2 or 3 days now are just refusing to load for
    >me
    >one of which is
    >www.celticfc.net
    >
    >I did a tracert on this and here are the results of that
    >
    > 1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.147.0.1
    > 2 10 ms 8 ms 7 ms
    >62-31-64-129.cable.ubr06.brad.blueyonder.co.uk [
    >2.31.64.129]
    > 3 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms pc-62-30-251-37-ro.blueyonder.co.uk
    >[62.30.251.3
    >]
    > 4 * * * Request timed out.
    > 5 * * * Request timed out.
    > 6 * * * Request timed out.
    > 7
    >
    >any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I can rectify
    >it
    >none of the sites are any DODGY sites that might be blocked out for any
    >reason
    >its things like wikipedia and hot deals uk forum that I cant access as well
    >as Celtic fc website
    >
    >thanks in anticipation
    >Allan

    What web browser? What error message do you get?

    What if you go to start, run, cmd <Enter> then
    ping www.celticfc.net<Enter> ?

    Evan Platt, Jun 1, 2007
  4. AL_M

    AL_M Guest

    hi Evan using both IE and firefox

    pings timeout and tracert shows as in what I pasted

    according to group first reply gave me to check
    there is a routing issue
    which can be resolved by using a proxy as they have no timescale on a fix
    for this :(

    all I need do now is remember how to set a proxy and I can surf again
    but they advise not to use the proxy for secure banking and such like

    thanks
    Allan

    AL_M, Jun 1, 2007
  5. AL_M

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:31:54 GMT, AL_M wrote:

    >hi Evan using both IE and firefox
    >
    >pings timeout and tracert shows as in what I pasted
    >
    >according to group first reply gave me to check

    Best to check your ISP first.

    >there is a routing issue

    It's fixed, becasue this is from text news server, oddly enough the
    binary news was reachable during the router issue.

    >which can be resolved by using a proxy as they have no timescale on a fix
    >for this :(

    While all the whole of Scotland switches to the proxy causing it to do
    so much work it slows down :)

    >all I need do now is remember how to set a proxy and I can surf again

    There should be notes on the VM site.

    >but they advise not to use the proxy for secure banking and such like
    >
    >thanks
    >Allan

    Me

    why?, Jun 2, 2007