Problem signing up for the MCP NewsFlash

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by rb, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. rb

    rb Guest

    Has anyone else run into problems signing up for the MCP NewsFlash? I
    can check the box, and then I get this message:

    Your Update Was Successful
    However, if all of the selections you made are not reflected below, it
    is possible that some of the newsletters you selected are not
    available in your language. If you would like to make additional
    updates to your subscriptions, please modify your selections and click
    the Update button below.

    And.. then the MCP NewsFlash box is no longer checked. I can
    successfully sign up for the TechNet & MSDN Flash, but not the MCP or
    Training newsletter.

    Any ideas?

    I've tried with my MCP Passport Account (), the email
    listed in my MCP Profile (), and a 3rd email address.

    I also emailed MCPHelp, and they told me it was working correctly..
    however I still think the checkbox should be checked..

    -rb
    rb, Jul 14, 2003

  2. hey, i got the same problem
    i emailed MCP help already but they ask me to clear cache etc
    now waiting for their 2nd reply

    Kian Wah, Lai, Jul 15, 2003

  3. rb

    rb Guest

    Yeah, I've tried from multiple computers with the same results. I
    also tried changing my local settings for language from Canada to US,
    and changed my passport profile to the US as well.. no change of
    course. :)

    -rb

    rb, Jul 15, 2003
  4. MCPhelp emailed me this
    To ensure you are subscribed to MCP News Flash, please visit:
    http:/www.microsoft.com/traincert

    Click on the tool bar labeled "Microsoft.com Guide" in the top right corner
    of your screen. A drop down menu will appear. Select "Profile Center" from
    this menu. You will be prompted to enter your passport. Once logged in,
    please click the "General Information" tab and select "Language Setting."
    NewsFlash can only be delivered in the language "United States English."
    Please verify this is the language you have chosen.

    Once you have done this, return to the MCP Newsflash web site and sign up
    for the Newsflash, go to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/newsletters

    and it works for me

    Kian Wah, Lai, Jul 15, 2003
  5. rb

    rb Guest

    Hey Thanks!

    That worked for me too, and it showed I was already signed up for the
    newsletters.. so MCPHelp was half right for me. :)

    I still dont know why it wont work correctly for English (Canada)

    rb, Jul 15, 2003
  6. they only send it in US English

    Kian Wah, Lai, Jul 15, 2003
  7. rb

    Frédéric Guest

    I had this problem I had to set my prefered language as US english in my
    profile

    --
    Frédéric
    MCP, CIWA, i-Net+, A+