    turnoff without many attempts or hitting th power button which I don't think
    is a good idea. Can you help or advise me how to find a previous posting
    on this?
    BooBoo, Oct 13, 2003

  2. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    BooBoo wrote:

    > I just found this helpsite a week ago, and am enjoying it. I
    > have noone on hand to help me and I am fairly new to computers.
    > I have Windows XP Home Edition. I am having a problem getting
    > my computer to restart and/or turnoff without many attempts or
    > hitting th power button which I don't think is a good idea.
    > Can you help or advise me how to find a previous posting on
    > this?

    You might check out an XP newsgroup also.
    Or search the archives at:
    Or Microsofts site.

    These might help you.

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308029

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    and
    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
    Boomer, Oct 13, 2003

  3. BooBoo

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BooBoo said:

    > I just found this helpsite a week ago, and am enjoying it. I have noone on
    > hand to help me and I am fairly new to computers. I have Windows XP Home
    > Edition. I am having a problem getting my computer to restart and/or
    > turnoff without many attempts or hitting th power button which I don't think
    > is a good idea. Can you help or advise me how to find a previous posting
    > on this?

    Edit | Find | Message

    Try single words in the subject line, or in the message line to find something
    written in a message body.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 13, 2003
  4. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > BooBoo said:
    >
    >> I just found this helpsite a week ago, and am enjoying it. I
    >> have noone on hand to help me and I am fairly new to computers.
    >> I have Windows XP Home Edition. I am having a problem getting
    >> my computer to restart and/or turnoff without many attempts or
    >> hitting th power button which I don't think is a good idea.
    >> Can you help or advise me how to find a previous posting on
    >> this?

    > Edit | Find | Message
    >
    > Try single words in the subject line, or in the message line to
    > find something written in a message body.

    Oh... "previous posting on this?". I didn't understand that. Glad
    you caught it.
    Boomer, Oct 13, 2003
  5. BooBoo

    BooBoo Guest

    I hope I am doing this in the right order. Thanks so much for the help and
    links. I did the following as advised and it worked. I did the
    following::::: My computer>Control Panel>Performance and
    Maint>AdminTools>Services>NVIDIA Driver Helper Services>Stop the service.

    BooBoo, Oct 14, 2003
  6. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    BooBoo wrote:

    > I hope I am doing this in the right order. Thanks so much for
    > the help and links. I did the following as advised and it
    > worked.

    Wonderful! Glad you got it fixed. :)

    Boomer, Oct 14, 2003