    is ok from their side.

    any suggestions will be grateful

    thx in advance

    cigamps, Mar 16, 2006

  2. cigamps

    cigamps Guest

    just like to add that posting to the NG wasnt a problem, or from a hotmail
    account.
    BTW im using OE6

    cigamps, Mar 16, 2006

  3. cigamps

    SJP Guest

    "cigamps" <> wrote in message
    > Touched on this problem in a previous post but now the situation has got
    > worse. When i send and receive emails i can receive incoming ones but i am
    > unable to send any. It would appear that it is trying to do so but unable
    > finish it for some reason. I have tried turning off Norton Internet
    > Security, in case something waspreventing them from going there but the
    > same thing is happening. I have also checked with my ISP and they say
    > everything is ok from their side.
    >
    > any suggestions will be grateful

    What is you outgoing mail server set to?

    SJP, Mar 16, 2006
  4. cigamps

    someone Guest

    "cigamps" <> wrote in message
    > Touched on this problem in a previous post but now the situation has got
    > worse. When i send and receive emails i can receive incoming ones but i am
    > unable to send any. It would appear that it is trying to do so but unable
    > finish it for some reason. I have tried turning off Norton Internet
    > Security, in case something waspreventing them from going there but the
    > same thing is happening. I have also checked with my ISP and they say
    > everything is ok from their side.

    If IT can`t send them, IT normally gives you a message. ??.

    someone, Mar 16, 2006
  5. cigamps

    PC Guest

    "cigamps" <> wrote in message
    > Touched on this problem in a previous post but now the situation has got
    > worse. When i send and receive emails i can receive incoming ones but i am
    > unable to send any. It would appear that it is trying to do so but unable
    > finish it for some reason. I have tried turning off Norton Internet
    > Security, in case something waspreventing them from going there but the
    > same thing is happening. I have also checked with my ISP and they say
    > everything is ok from their side.
    >
    > any suggestions will be grateful
    >
    > thx in advance

    Had a case couple of weeks ago where a client couldn't send or receive
    emails for the last 3 weeks.
    Just to make sure I took a laptop along with a fresh OS install and
    confrimed email send receive to the same ISP but another account beforehand.
    The laptop was also unable to send/receive using either the clients or the
    previously checked out account.
    (it should be noted the usual remove all anti virus/ anti spyware/ firewall
    steps had been taken, and web browsing was working fine)

    Rang the ISP's help line.
    Had to suffer the 'script' diagnostics for half an huur till the script ran
    out and I could ask for the job to be 'escalated'

    Eventually it was traced to the IP number assigned to the clients router '3
    weeks ago'
    Problem was fixed by assigning a new IP number and away we went.

    If you are on broadband this posisibility is worth considering.
    To fix it turn your router off overnight so the asigned IP goes back into
    the pool and when you restart the router next morning you will most likely
    be assigned a completely different IP

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Mar 16, 2006
  6. cigamps

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:42:36 GMT, cigamps wrote:

    >Touched on this problem in a previous post but now the situation has got
    >worse. When i send and receive emails i can receive incoming ones but i am
    >unable to send any. It would appear that it is trying to do so but unable

    It's assumed you mean (as in other post OE6) the send problem is only
    when using your BY account via BY email , BT servers, you didn't make
    that clear.

    >finish it for some reason. I have tried turning off Norton Internet

    OE would usually popup a error / status box with a message of what
    didn't work.

    >Security, in case something waspreventing them from going there but the same

    Turning off NIS in the past , IIRC doesn't help it has to be removed.

    >thing is happening. I have also checked with my ISP and they say everything
    >is ok from their side.

    So you tried the BY (if it is them, you said 'my ISP' but didn't say who
    it was ) webmail (as your post is via BY).

    >any suggestions will be grateful
    >
    >thx in advance

    In the other post you said NG was okay, as it's not email...... you work
    that out.

    I would also assume from hotmail you mean some sort of web interface,
    you didn't say. It may still be email but if it's not BY then .....
    <ditto>

    There have also been a few days of mail authentication issues, with BY.
    Getting into webmail didn't mean the mail app would then login.

    Me

    why?, Mar 17, 2006