PROBLEM: Samsung DVD-1080P7

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by EADGBE, Jun 21, 2007.

  1. EADGBE

    EADGBE Guest

    This is my first time posting here, and I'm hoping someone can help me
    with a problem I'm having with the new Samsung DVD-1080P7 player (I
    think it's also called DVD-HD1080P7).

    First of all, let me say that all of my DVD discs are LIKE NEW. I
    take excellent care of all of my discs, and they all played flawlessly
    in my previous DVD player.

    Secondly, this is the second DVD-1080P7 that I have tried. I returned
    the first one to the store, thinking it was defective, but now I see
    that this second player is behaving exactly the same way, and I want
    to know what can be done about it.

    Thirdly, a firmware upgrade is out of the question (at least at this
    point). This player is too new to have any updates available on the
    Samsung website.

    HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

    This new Samsung player will load and play every disc I own, but with
    some of the discs I own, there is a serious problem.

    When I insert certain DVD's from my collection, one of two different
    problems will occur:

    1) I cannot access ANY program material from a disc's Main Menu. When
    I choose an option, the option briefly lights up in a different color
    to show that it has been chosen, but then nothing happens and the Main
    Menu DOES NOT go away. My only option at this point is to eject the
    disc.

    2) More seriously, some discs will display the usual start-of-disc
    material when I first press "Play"...anti-copying warning and a couple
    of previews...but after the last preview--just before the Main Menu is
    supposed to appear--the DVD player stops the disc. I cannot do
    anything at all beyond this point, and on a couple of tries, the DVD
    player froze up so badly that I had to unplug it from the wall before
    I could regain control of the player.

    A third problem that I have had with both of the Samsung players I've
    tried is that they do NOT start at the very beginning of chapters.
    Instead of starting the chapter at the 0:00 mark, this player starts
    about 3 or 4 seconds into the chapter. I can skip backwards to the
    actual start of the chapter to watch what I have missed, but I
    shouldn't have to do this!

    Has anyone else experienced these problems with this new Samsung DVD
    player -- and if so, is there anything that can be done to correct
    these problems? I don't want to return this player, but I will if I
    have to.

    Thanks in advance....

    EADGBE, Jun 21, 2007

  2. On 6/20/2007, EADGBE posted this:
    > This is my first time posting here, and I'm hoping someone can help me
    > with a problem I'm having with the new Samsung DVD-1080P7 player (I
    > think it's also called DVD-HD1080P7).
    >
    > First of all, let me say that all of my DVD discs are LIKE NEW. I
    > take excellent care of all of my discs, and they all played flawlessly
    > in my previous DVD player.
    >
    > Secondly, this is the second DVD-1080P7 that I have tried. I returned
    > the first one to the store, thinking it was defective, but now I see
    > that this second player is behaving exactly the same way, and I want
    > to know what can be done about it.
    >
    > Thirdly, a firmware upgrade is out of the question (at least at this
    > point). This player is too new to have any updates available on the
    > Samsung website.
    >
    > HERE'S THE PROBLEM:
    >
    > This new Samsung player will load and play every disc I own, but with
    > some of the discs I own, there is a serious problem.
    >
    > When I insert certain DVD's from my collection, one of two different
    > problems will occur:
    >
    > 1) I cannot access ANY program material from a disc's Main Menu. When
    > I choose an option, the option briefly lights up in a different color
    > to show that it has been chosen, but then nothing happens and the Main
    > Menu DOES NOT go away. My only option at this point is to eject the
    > disc.
    >
    > 2) More seriously, some discs will display the usual start-of-disc
    > material when I first press "Play"...anti-copying warning and a couple
    > of previews...but after the last preview--just before the Main Menu is
    > supposed to appear--the DVD player stops the disc. I cannot do
    > anything at all beyond this point, and on a couple of tries, the DVD
    > player froze up so badly that I had to unplug it from the wall before
    > I could regain control of the player.
    >
    > A third problem that I have had with both of the Samsung players I've
    > tried is that they do NOT start at the very beginning of chapters.
    > Instead of starting the chapter at the 0:00 mark, this player starts
    > about 3 or 4 seconds into the chapter. I can skip backwards to the
    > actual start of the chapter to watch what I have missed, but I
    > shouldn't have to do this!
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced these problems with this new Samsung DVD
    > player -- and if so, is there anything that can be done to correct
    > these problems? I don't want to return this player, but I will if I
    > have to.
    >
    > Thanks in advance....

    To emphasize the obvious: return it and get your money back.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251

    Gene E. Bloch, Jun 21, 2007

  3. EADGBE

    EADGBE Guest

    On Jun 21, 1:51 pm, Gene E. Bloch <> wrote:

    > To emphasize the obvious: return it and get your money back.

    It's already been done. Even Samsung technical support couldn't
    help. I will never buy another Samsung DVD player again.

    EADGBE, Jun 21, 2007
  4. On 6/21/2007, EADGBE posted this:
    > On Jun 21, 1:51 pm, Gene E. Bloch <> wrote:
    >>
    >> To emphasize the obvious: return it and get your money back.
    >>

    > It's already been done. Even Samsung technical support couldn't
    > help. I will never buy another Samsung DVD player again.

    :)

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251