    are these os not going to run or are there any ideas you can give me to get
    this installed

    anyways thanks in advance for all the assistance
    =?Utf-8?B?am9zaA==?=, May 15, 2005

  2. I'd suggest reading the messages in the newsgroup a bit. It might provide
    some clues. Such as requiring updated F6 drivers and ensuring that you have
    disabled the Promise controller and connected to the VIA controller.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 15, 2005

  3. Reminds me of NT 4.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?am9zaA==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    If you are installing to the SATA drives suggest you not connect any HDs
    to the PATA controller until after Windows XP 64 or Server 2003 64
    install is finished. If you are using the SATA drives in a RAID array,
    get the patched inf file for an F6 install of the RAID drivers during
    setup. It is on the PlanetAMD site. Also, check the settings in the BIOS
    to assure that the mode for the SATA drives corresponds to your desired
    setup: IDE or RAID.

    If installing to a SATA drive, non-RAID, make sure the BIOS in
    configured for that. Again, disconnect any PATA drives until after the
    OS install. For a non-raid use, no device driver need be provided by way
    of F6 during OS setup,

    If installing to a PATA drive on the Parallel IDE controller, Disconnect
    the SATA drives until setup is complete.

    BTW, if you do an F8 during system boot and turn off "Restart on error",
    on next reboot you will see the bluescreen error message with a
    reference to HDs and HD controller.

    It does not hurt to review the instructions for RAID setup in the MoBo
    user guide.

    Hope this fixes it for you.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    :
    Tom Ferguson, May 15, 2005
  5. I had that problem, but only when I had flash memory devices plugged into
    the USB 2.9 ports. Unplugged all USB devices and install went normally.
    After OS was setup I was able to plug in and use the flash devices, the
    camera has no driver yet.

    Victor L. Marshall, May 15, 2005
  6. In support of Victor's reply, that's good advice in general, not just for
    x64 installations.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2005