Problem renaming a folder under Mozilla 1.7.1

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by FCC, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. FCC

    FCC Guest

    Hello all,

    Mozilla 1.7.1.

    When renamin a folder under local folders (which contain all my saved
    emails), content suddenly disappears!

    If one restores the original name, the content reappears again.

    Is this a documented bug or is there anything I can do to avoid losing
    my saved emails with Mozilla 1.7.1? I know there is 1.7.2 available,
    does it fix this bug?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    FCC.
    ===

    FCC, Aug 25, 2004

  2. FCC

    Jan Steffen Guest

    FCC schrieb:
    > When renamin a folder under local folders (which contain all my saved
    > emails), content suddenly disappears!
    >
    > If one restores the original name, the content reappears again.

    Any strange characters in the folder name?
    Avoid /\. and similar characters you wouldn't use in a file name.

    HTH, Jan

    --
    I child-proofed my house but they are still getting in.

    Jan Steffen, Aug 25, 2004

  3. FCC

    Andreas Guest

    FCC wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Mozilla 1.7.1.
    >
    > When renamin a folder under local folders (which contain all my saved
    > emails), content suddenly disappears!
    >
    > If one restores the original name, the content reappears again.
    >
    > Is this a documented bug or is there anything I can do to avoid losing
    > my saved emails with Mozilla 1.7.1? I know there is 1.7.2 available,
    > does it fix this bug?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    a work around is to create a new folder then copy everything from the
    old one to the new one and then delete the old one.

    Andreas

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, Aug 25, 2004