    Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    endless loop.

    All input will be appreciated.
    HiC, May 1, 2008

  2. HiC

    HiC Guest

    Re: Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keeps uninstallingOE & WMP

    On May 1, 1:55 pm, HiC <> wrote:

    > Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    > endless loop.

    Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
    when reinstalling OE & WMP.
    HiC, May 1, 2008

  3. HiC

    dadiOH Guest

    HiC wrote:
    > I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
    > Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
    > but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
    > Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
    > Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
    >
    > Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    > endless loop.
    >
    > All input will be appreciated.

    Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked will be
    installed (if not lready installed).

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, May 1, 2008
  4. HiC

    Edna Boxe Guest

    "HiC" <> wrote in message
    On May 1, 1:55 pm, HiC <> wrote:

    > Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    > endless loop.

    Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
    when reinstalling OE & WMP.

    When you uncheck an item it uninstalls it so do not untick anything you wish
    to keep, just add a tick to WordPad & Calculator. :)

    HTH,
    Edna.
    Edna Boxe, May 1, 2008
  5. HiC

    On May 1, 2:26 pm, "dadiOH" <> wrote:

    > Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked will be
    > installed (if not lready installed).

    If that were true, I'd be losing Internet Explorer, which I'm not.

    It says "To add or remove a component, click the checkbox. A shaded
    box means that only part of the component will be installed..."

    I also find that IE and WMP are check by default when I open Add/
    Remove Windows components. If I leave them checked they're removed. If
    I uncheck them, they're removed.

    I'll see if I can uninstall WMP, IE and then see if they'll reinstall
    at the same time as calculator and wordpad.
    HiC, May 1, 2008
  6. HiC

    chuckcar Guest

    Re: Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keeps uninstalling OE & WMP

    HiC <> wrote in

    > On May 1, 2:26 pm, "dadiOH" <> wrote:
    >

    >> Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked
    >> will be

    >> installed (if not lready installed).

    > If that were true, I'd be losing Internet Explorer, which I'm not.

    Not if you don't have the version of IE that your OS came with - which
    you almost certainly don't: 98SE - IE 5.0 95 - IE 4.0 XP - IE 6.0

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 1, 2008
  7. HiC

    chuckcar Guest

    > I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
    > Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
    > but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
    > Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
    > Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
    >
    > Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    > endless loop.
    >
    > All input will be appreciated.

    So don't uncheck everything. Only uncheck Wordpad and calculator.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 1, 2008
  8. HiC

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:23:22 +0200, chuckcar wrote:

    >> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad.

    And how many chances did Windows give you to change your mind before the
    'accident' occurred?

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, May 2, 2008
  9. HiC

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: Problem reinstalling Wordpad and calculator - keepsuninstalling OE & WMP

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:23:22 +0200, chuckcar wrote:

    > HiC <> wrote in
    >
    >> I accidentally uninstalled Wordpad. When trying to reinstall it via
    >> Add/Remove files > Add/Remove Windows Components, I uncheck everything
    >> but accesories and then work my way down to Wordpad and Calculator.
    >> Check it go back to the root, hit go but find that it uninstalls
    >> Outlook Express and Windows Media Player.
    >>
    >> Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    >> endless loop.
    >>
    >> All input will be appreciated.

    > So don't uncheck everything. Only uncheck Wordpad and calculator.

    Sorry chuckcar. Had to piggyback on your post.

    Aardvark, May 2, 2008