    any previous install problems.
    Has anyone encountered this before and knows a solution.
    Any help is very much appreciated.

    Pete Patterson, Aug 21, 2010

  2. On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 01:53:33 +0000 (UTC),
    (Pete Patterson) wrote:

    >I have a HP 3970 Scanner connected to a Desktop using WinXP Sp3.
    >When recently using the scanner, XP unexpectedly rebooted.After that
    >the scanner would not operate. I uninstalled the scanner software
    >and now when I try to re-install the software from the scanner CD,
    >I get the following."Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem
    >and needs to close". The software is XP compatable and have not had
    >any previous install problems.
    >Has anyone encountered this before and knows a solution.
    >Any help is very much appreciated.

    Get the latest software from the HP web site.

    I had software problems with a HP scanner, found over 3000 hits on
    Google, HP sold me a replacement for 1/2 price, the older scanner was
    about 2 year old at least..

    The HP scanner that I have works OK Model 5470c

    William Brown, Aug 21, 2010

  3. In article <>,
    says...

    >Get the latest software from the HP web site.

    Thanks for that. I did look at the HP site and found that the software
    was the same version as my install CD,so didn't bother to download it. On
    reading your reply I decided to download the software anyway.
    It installed fine. Why my install CD causes the error has got me beat, but I
    now have a working scanner. Thanks for the advice.
    Regards
    Pete Patterson

    Pete Patterson, Aug 22, 2010