    As you can see, I need HELP! LOL

    Thanks for any and all suggestions!
    June
    ShantiP1, May 7, 2004

  2. ShantiP1

    WebWalker Guest

    On 07 May 2004 00:54:55 GMT, (ShantiP1) wrote:

    >I'm trying to record a segment from a taped radio show I subscribe to. It
    >loads and plays fine in Windows Media player; but when I click copy to CD
    >nothing happens. It also isn't recognizing that I had a disk in the drive.
    >I have Roxio software, and I thought that maybe I should load that first, but
    >then Roxio gives me an error message saying that the windows media file might
    >interfere with my using Roxio. Plus, there doesn't even seem some way to store
    >that file on my computer and copy from there.
    >As you can see, I need HELP! LOL

    You need to record the live stream to wave or mp3 file before you can
    burn them to CD-R.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279
    WebWalker, May 8, 2004

  3. ShantiP1

    WebWalker, May 8, 2004
  4. ShantiP1

    ProfGene Guest

    You haven't said whether you are trying to create a sound cd or a data cd.
    Windows will not record to a sound cd due to copyright restrictions. You
    would have to get wave editing software and run the streaming sound into it.
    You will not get cd quality sound from streaming sound as it is not
    broadcast at a sample rate of cd quality. Another alternative would be to
    run it into a tape deck directly and you will have an audio cassette. To do
    that you would need a patch cord with an eight inch stereo at the audio out
    of the soundcard going into two RCA plugs for the input of the tape deck.
    To capture the streaming audio you would need a program like Cooledit Pro
    and run a stereo patchcord from the audio out to the audio in of the sound
    card and have a stereo splitter in the out so you can monitor it while you
    record with the speaker wires going into the free female outlet of the
    stereo splitter.

    ProfGene, May 10, 2004
  5. ShantiP1

    Ardent Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:19:33 -0500, "ProfGene" <>
    wrote:

    >You
    >would have to get wave editing software and run the streaming sound into it.
    >You will not get cd quality sound from streaming sound as it is not
    >broadcast at a sample rate of cd quality.

    http://www.stepvoice.com/

    Step Voice Recorder will record what is played using the sound card -
    either as a wav file or MP3 - you can control the quality too.

    HTH

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only