    Marti van Lin
    (alias ML2MST)
    Maastricht (NL)
    ml2mst, Feb 17, 2007

  2. ml2mst

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-02-17, ml2mst <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am pretty much ashamed, being a geek for the past 2 decades, and now
    > I really have a problem submitting messages to my favorite Usenet
    > newsgroups using Google groups.

    What problems, exactly?

    > Any idea, what on earth I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance and with kind regards,
    >
    > Marti van Lin
    > (alias ML2MST)
    > Maastricht (NL)

    Some would say that trying to post via Google Groups is the first mistake.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Name: cm1015345-a.maast1.lb.home.nl
    IP Address: 84.30.70.14
    Location: Maastricht (50.850N; 5.683E)
    "ml2mst" <> wrote in

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am pretty much ashamed, being a geek for the past
    > 2 decades, and now I really have a problem submitting
    > messages to my favorite Usenet newsgroups using
    > Google groups.

    You'd need to list your "favorite Usenet newsgroups"
    for anyone to truly help you sort it out. Maybe
    they're just doing maintenance - or you've been
    "booted" to celebrate Black History Month. The
    Dutch Trading Company had a nasty part in all that
    slavery business, you know? Try using a Chinese name.

    > Any idea, what on earth I'm doing wrong?

    Does it work better when you're in outer space?

    > Thanks in advance and with kind regards,
    >
    > Marti van Lin
    > (alias ML2MST)
    > Maastricht (NL)

    Have you tried Google Groups support, and told them
    which newsgroups are giving you all the problems?

    Google Groups deliberately tries to screen out known
    kiddie-porn, bi-racial-slasher, mommy-child-sex
    and terrorist-homemade-ordnance groups, etc.

    For any of that, you'd need a real news client and NSP.

    It hast bein videly reported dot dey're vorking on a
    "daft-filter" with trials currently on in the UK. If
    you're transmitting through a node located in that
    neighborhood, they could have have ejected you into
    one of those daft-caches with the Brits. Who knows?
    I think Google may be re-directing a lot of those packets
    to here - for some reason. Maybe they figure you must
    need the help. Seems like you got published here OK.

    HTH.

    --

    The brave and hardy pioneer knew that no man
    had ever crossed this unforgiving,

    So, heroically, he decided to get back to his car
    turn the air-conditioner on high,
    crank up the volume on a mixed-CD --
    and just keep on driving.
    Bucky Breeder, Feb 17, 2007
  4. ml2mst

    Mike Easter Guest

    ml2mst wrote:

    > I am pretty much ashamed, being a geek for the past 2 decades, and now
    > I really have a problem submitting messages to my favorite Usenet
    > newsgroups using Google groups.
    >
    > Any idea, what on earth I'm doing wrong?

    Reviewing the posting history of your current handle/email/persona...

    You posted this message to googlegroups GG via your connectivity
    provider '@home.nl' or home.nl of Maastricht. Last year you used a
    linux newsreader Tbird to nntp post to various groups via your
    provider's newsserver, but this year you've been googlegrouping.

    In the past you posted to linux groups and Dutch linux groups and other
    Dutch groups. There are a great many usenet groups which contain the
    part .nl. A great many of those groups and other usenet groups and
    other linux usenet groups are not carried by GG. For example, the
    popular linux ng alt.os.linux.ubuntu is not carried by GG.

    Perhaps you are looking for a usenet group which you previously accessed
    with your provider's newsserver which is not carried by GG. You should
    find a read newsserver and access your favorite groups by that method
    again, because the GG interface leaves much to be desired.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 17, 2007
  5. ml2mst

    Frosty Guest

    On 17 Feb 2007 05:03:02 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "ml2mst"
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I am pretty much ashamed, being a geek for the past 2 decades, and now
    >I really have a problem submitting messages to my favorite Usenet
    >newsgroups using Google groups.
    >
    >Any idea, what on earth I'm doing wrong?

    You're not using a real newsreader.
    Duh!

    Frosty, Feb 18, 2007
  6. ml2mst

    Vanguard Guest

    "ml2mst" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am pretty much ashamed, being a geek for the past 2 decades, and now
    > I really have a problem submitting messages to my favorite Usenet
    > newsgroups using Google groups.

    A problem submitting messages. Oh yeah, that was detailed ... not!

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Vanguard, Feb 18, 2007