    'news.btopenworld.com', Server: 'news.btopenworld.com', Protocol: NNTP,
    Server Response: '441 From: address not in Internet syntax', Port: 119,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

    nicholalinsey, Feb 2, 2004

  2. nicholalinsey

    °Mike° Guest

    Clear the 'Reply address' in Tools / Accounts / News / Properties.
    Check all other properties.

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:04:49 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvme1g$s8$>
    nicholalinsey scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 2, 2004

    andrew oconnor, Feb 4, 2004
  4. nicholalinsey

    Ghostmaster Guest

    andrew oconnor wrote:
    : "nicholalinsey" <> wrote in message
    : news:bvme1g$s8$...
    :: Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I want to
    :: post a message to a newsgroup but the following message comes up on
    :: my screen.
    <snip>
    RFC 1036 requires you to include both the sender name and email address for
    a news group posting.

    Also A corrupted Outbox.dbx file in Outlook Express can cause this error.

    Search for and rename the Outbox.dbx file to Outbox.old and restart Outlook
    Express. A new Outbox.dbx file will be created the next time Outlook Express
    is started.

    --

    -----
    Registered Linux user #334297