    using Intervideo DVD WinDVD Creator, and then burned them to DVD RW's,
    but can't view them at all on a DVD player or home theater. Any ideas
    on what may be wrong? Thanks

    Bob Spencer, Nov 16, 2008

  2. Bob Spencer

    AnimalMagic Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:42:19 -0800 (PST), Bob Spencer <>
    wrote:

    >I have successfully captured 8mm videos from an 8mm Sharp camcorder
    >using Intervideo DVD WinDVD Creator, and then burned them to DVD RW's,
    >but can't view them at all on a DVD player or home theater. Any ideas
    >on what may be wrong? Thanks

    It could be your DVD player.

    Is it one of those $35 cheapys?

    You should at least get a $79 or more name brand, up-scaling DVD
    player, or simply buy into one of the BluRay offerings, which would
    likely have no problem with the disc.

    Anyway, it sounds like it is your player. How old is it?

    AnimalMagic, Nov 17, 2008

  3. Bob Spencer

    Bob Guest

    Bob Spencer wrote:
    > I have successfully captured 8mm videos from an 8mm Sharp camcorder
    > using Intervideo DVD WinDVD Creator, and then burned them to DVD RW's,
    > but can't view them at all on a DVD player or home theater. Any ideas
    > on what may be wrong? Thanks

    I think you should of used just regular -r dvds I think dvd players
    might not recognize the rw dvds rw are the re writable format

    Bob, Nov 21, 2008