Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Horsepower, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. Horsepower

    Horsepower Guest

    I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup...

    I have the following computer:
    OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit
    CPU: Core2Quad Q9650
    RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6
    HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3
    VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB

    I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit
    Maya 2010
    Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection
    Nero Reloaded 9
    Office
    etc. ...

    A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for
    achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and
    namely:

    2GB Module 1: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G; 6-6-6-18; 1.8Volt, Marc 007 ADOLF
    2GB Module 1: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G; 6-6-6-18; 1.8Volt, Marc 013 ADOLF

    Even the first two modules that I had already been marked in this way.

    The problem :
    I added the memory, started Windows XP, access to the user account, I get an
    error message:

    "Registry Hive (file): SOFTWARE was corrupted and it as been recovered. Some
    data might have been lost."

    So I deleted the Windows partition, I formatted NTFS, and I
    reinstall Windows with a different version remedied in English, with
    Service Pack 2 included.
    After you log on to Windows same thing:
    Error message!

    I suspected that they were defective the 2 new memory module purchased.

    Thus, I have done so since memtest86 + from evening until the night with
    all tests with words:
    --- Pass Complete, no errors, press Esc to exit ---

    Now I do not know what to do!

    -What must I do to avoid this fatal error message?
    -What do you advise?

    Thank you.
    Horsepower.
    Horsepower, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Horsepower

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Some motherboards don't seem to like their memory slots fully populated at
    800 MHz.
    Try reducing memory speed in BIOS to 667 Mhz and see what happens.
    Also, my memory is a little rusty regarding XP x64 but I think there were
    issues when running it with 8 GB RAM.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 28, 2010

  3. Horsepower

    Horsepower Guest

    RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    Thanks you very much Carlos !
    I have decreased the FSB/DRAM Ratio to 667MHz.
    Now it works perfectly without error message with 8GB of RAM!
    Carlos, you are very Big person...

    Horsepower, Jan 29, 2010
  4. Horsepower

    Horsepower Guest

    RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    I was happy, now I'm sad:

    I have decreased the FSB/DRAM Ratio to 667MHz.
    The error message "Hive Registry...", with 8GB of RAM installed no longer
    appears!
    But sometimes the PC crash with a blue screen and a serious error:

    "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
    damage to your computer.
    disk.sys
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed...
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    Press F8>Advanced Startup Option>Select Safe Mode..."

    1) What it mean this error?
    2) What it mean without "caching or shadowing"?

    I am desperate!
    What I can do?
    Horsepower, Jan 30, 2010
  5. Horsepower

    Carlos Guest

    RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    Hi,
    You will have to resort to your motherboard manual where you will find where
    those settings are and how to disable them.
    Speaking of motherboards...
    Have you updated its BIOS to the latest version.
    Usually this issues get sorted out after flashing the BIOS.
    Ask for a friend or technician help if you are not comfortable with the
    flashing procedure.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 30, 2010
  6. Horsepower

    umwhat Guest

    RE: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    ....and maybe you installed another hard drive and did not set the jumpers
    properly for Master and Slave or there is a loose cable, maybe the CMOS
    battery is low on voltage.

    ......it takes me 5 days to restore a PC from a no boot "NTLDR is missing"
    error message on a blank screen to a quick Windows XP Home Edition SP3
    computer.......and my low paying customers go away happy.

    --
    ....scribble scribble scribble...

    umwhat, Feb 5, 2010
  7. Horsepower

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    Perhaps if you learned to fix the boot.ini to point to the NTLDR you could
    fix the problem in a few minutes.

    John Barnes, Feb 6, 2010
  8. Horsepower

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file

    Or change the boot order in the BIOS

    John Barnes, Feb 6, 2010