    I am using xp, ans have tried to use an oldere system (also XP) and it works
    on there, I suspect somewhere there is a security setting blocking it, but
    where, and where do I start ?
    apk1, Feb 11, 2005

  2. apk1

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#12
    Plato, Feb 12, 2005

  3. apk1

    apk1 Guest

    Thanks plato, looks like the soloution but not being a computer wizz, am a
    bit confused, can you help, after I type cmd I get the dos screen ? with
    c:\documents and settings\tony> the instructions state : 4. At the
    command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each
    command:

    expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_
    c:\windows\system32\config.nt
    expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_
    c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
    expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_
    c:\windows\system32\command.com

    Presumably I replace "Drive letter" with "d" ? if so I then get an
    error message saying "destination is not a directory: c:\windows\system
    32\config.nt.

    am I doing this right ?

    Tony

    apk1, Feb 12, 2005