Problem Limited or No Connectivity

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Doug Robbins, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. Doug Robbins

    Doug Robbins Guest

    Using a Dell Latitude D610 with in-built Dell Wireless 1359 WLAN Mini PCI
    Card, used to connect without problem to a network based on a Linksys
    WRT54G router.

    Dell was connected to the network and I was using the Dell to install the
    software for a SanDisk WiFi Card on a IPAQ 2210. That installation was not
    successful and when I went to go to the Sandisk web site discovered that the
    Dell was not connect to the network and the icon in the task bar was showing
    Limited or No Connectivity.

    I am generally unable to Repair the connection because the network adapter
    cannot be disabled. I have deleted the driver for the adapter and on
    restarting the computer, the adapter is found and the driver is reinstalled.
    When after a longer than normal period, the computer connects to the
    network, always with Limited or No Connectivity, with plenty of speed and
    excellent signal strength, it has an address of 169.254.138.188 which is way
    outside the reange of addresses available from the router.

    Another PC still connects to the network without problem, on the basis of
    which I rule out the router as the cause of the problem and I am able to
    connect to the network and access the internet with a cable connection from
    the Dell.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the Dell to make a proper
    connection to the network?

    Let me know if any additional information is required.

    --
    Thanks,

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    Doug Robbins, Sep 13, 2005