    page. Mozilla will not display. I have to switch over to IE for this
    and other pages. I have downloaded the most recent Java.

    Dave H.
    Dave H., Jul 27, 2006

  2. Dave H.

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Dave H.* wrote:
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > When I go to certain pages, Mozilla does not display everything.
    >
    > Example: https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >
    > This page has a "Don't Accept" and a "Accept" link on the bottom of the
    > page. Mozilla will not display. I have to switch over to IE for this
    > and other pages. I have downloaded the most recent Java.

    There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    thing, they are two totaly different things.

    --
    /Arne

    Arne, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Arne wrote:
    > Once upon a time *Dave H.* wrote:
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> When I go to certain pages, Mozilla does not display everything.
    >>
    >> Example: https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>
    >> This page has a "Don't Accept" and a "Accept" link on the bottom of the
    >> page. Mozilla will not display. I have to switch over to IE for this
    >> and other pages. I have downloaded the most recent Java.

    > There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    > that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    > released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    > thing, they are two totaly different things.

    Page fails verification too, 24 errors
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 27, 2006
  4. Dave H.

    gwtc Guest

    Arne wrote:
    > Once upon a time *Dave H.* wrote:
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> When I go to certain pages, Mozilla does not display everything.
    >>
    >> Example: https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>
    >> This page has a "Don't Accept" and a "Accept" link on the bottom of the
    >> page. Mozilla will not display. I have to switch over to IE for this
    >> and other pages. I have downloaded the most recent Java.

    > There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    > that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    > released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    > thing, they are two totaly different things.

    Nope, the site doesn't work that great in Net 4.8. It crashes, but
    does give the error of Javascript Error. But it does work with opera 9

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full
    moon.
    gwtc, Jul 27, 2006
  5. Dave H.

    Dave H. Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Arne wrote:
    >> Once upon a time *Dave H.* wrote:
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>> When I go to certain pages, Mozilla does not display everything.
    >>>
    >>> Example: https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>>
    >>> This page has a "Don't Accept" and a "Accept" link on the bottom of
    >>> the page. Mozilla will not display. I have to switch over to IE for
    >>> this and other pages. I have downloaded the most recent Java.

    >> There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    >> that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    >> released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    >> thing, they are two totaly different things.
    >>

    > Page fails verification too, 24 errors
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp

    Wow! Thanks for the input.

    To add to my troubles, my installation of IE7 under Vista gives me the
    "Page cannot be found", (error 404) equivalence.

    I suspect that I am going to have to have a keep a XP box running on the
    side as well as a Vista unit. Although it's been a while since I have
    played with Linux, maybe it's time to give it another try.

    I don't understand "IE specific *JavaScript*". Please excuse my
    ignorance but I can't believe that Firefox hasn't made itself 100%
    compatible with IE.

    Again, I appreciate all the responses,

    Dave H.
    Dave H., Jul 28, 2006
  6. Dave H.

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Dave H.* wrote:

    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Arne wrote:

    >>> There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    >>> that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    >>> released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    >>> thing, they are two totaly different things.
    >>>

    >> Page fails verification too, 24 errors
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>

    > Wow! Thanks for the input.
    >
    > To add to my troubles, my installation of IE7 under Vista gives me the
    > "Page cannot be found", (error 404) equivalence.
    >
    > I suspect that I am going to have to have a keep a XP box running on the
    > side as well as a Vista unit. Although it's been a while since I have
    > played with Linux, maybe it's time to give it another try.
    >
    > I don't understand "IE specific *JavaScript*". Please excuse my
    > ignorance but I can't believe that Firefox hasn't made itself 100%
    > compatible with IE.
    >
    > Again, I appreciate all the responses,

    Why should any standard compatible browser made itself compatible with
    IE???????

    Microsoft have made IE to render all kind of specific tagsoap that is
    not according to standards. It's not other browsers responsibility to
    follow IE, but it should be MS's responsibility to follow standards as
    other browsers do so much better than IE.

    --
    /Arne

    Arne, Jul 28, 2006
  7. Dave H. wrote:

    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Arne wrote:

    >>> There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    >>> that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    >>> released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    >>> thing, they are two totaly different things.
    >>>

    >> Page fails verification too, 24 errors
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>

    > Wow! Thanks for the input.
    >
    > To add to my troubles, my installation of IE7 under Vista gives me the
    > "Page cannot be found", (error 404) equivalence.
    >
    > I suspect that I am going to have to have a keep a XP box running on the
    > side as well as a Vista unit. Although it's been a while since I have
    > played with Linux, maybe it's time to give it another try.
    >
    > I don't understand "IE specific *JavaScript*". Please excuse my
    > ignorance but I can't believe that Firefox hasn't made itself 100%
    > compatible with IE.
    >
    > Again, I appreciate all the responses,
    >
    > Dave H.

    You miss the point. The Internet is built on 'standards', specified ways
    and means of doing things. Internet Explorer BREAKS those standards, it
    allows garbarge code to work on websites. IE uses its own codes, that no
    other program understands.

    Why should Firefox emulate IE, if it did your would have the SAME
    security concerns that IE has, it would be just as inherently flawed.
    100 % compatability with IE is something to avoid, not pursue

    This explains the W3C role
    http://validator.w3.org/about.html
    These are the 'standards' that Firefox is built to, not Microsofts
    psuedo standards that break them and even put your computer at risk
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 28, 2006
  8. Dave H.

    gwtc Guest

    Dave H. wrote:

    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Arne wrote:

    >>> There is no Java invold on that page, only IE specific *JavaScript*
    >>> that may work on old Netscape 4.xx but not on other and more recently
    >>> released browsers. Note that Java and JavaScript is *not* the same
    >>> thing, they are two totaly different things.
    >>>

    >> Page fails verification too, 24 errors
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://sbcreg.sbcglobal.net/SBCYahooRegEARWeb/Intro.jsp
    >>

    > Wow! Thanks for the input.
    >
    > To add to my troubles, my installation of IE7 under Vista gives me the
    > "Page cannot be found", (error 404) equivalence.
    >
    > I suspect that I am going to have to have a keep a XP box running on the
    > side as well as a Vista unit. Although it's been a while since I have
    > played with Linux, maybe it's time to give it another try.
    >
    > I don't understand "IE specific *JavaScript*". Please excuse my
    > ignorance but I can't believe that Firefox hasn't made itself 100%
    > compatible with IE.
    >
    > Again, I appreciate all the responses,
    >
    > Dave H.

    why should FF be compatible with ie. Maybe ie needs to be compatible
    with FF and the rest of the world.

    --
    From the So You Think You Know Everything Department?:

    If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an
    average of 10 months waiting at red lights.
    gwtc, Jul 28, 2006