    this after you install the target OS or before, using some sort of DOS boot
    floppy like an old windows 98 startup disk? I am confused, please help again.

    Regards Marcus
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=, Sep 26, 2006

  2. I have installed Vista Pre-RC 1 and RC1 using the same motherboard on a RAID
    0 setup. I didn´t have to load drivers from a floppy, since those Vista
    builds contains SATA/RAID drivers for Intel ICH7R Controller.

    Maybe your CD/DVD-ROM is too old? I was in the same situation with a Plextor
    PX-116. Didn´t work in Vista.
    A new DVD-ROM Plextor PX-130 and everything runs fine.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 26, 2006

  3. Same problem here, swapped out dvd players and it worked fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZyBGLg==?=, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Hmmm... This was a brand new LG DVD-ROM. On their web site for driver support
    they of course do not list Windows Vista yet. Would the XP driver work? Or
    can someone recommend a different make/type/model that I can go to PC world
    and but now and should definitely work???

    Thanks Marcus

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Can you believe it? just boaght the latest SONY DVD RW+ type DW-G120 A and it
    comes up with exactly the same message :-(
    Downloading VISTA RC1 (very slowly) Anyone think this will solve the
    problem? Was trying Beta 2 before....

    Marcus

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=

    john Guest

    Marcus

    Are you trying to download the Vista RC1 directly to the DVD Drive. If so
    you should realize that the difference between the write speed of a DVD and
    a Hard Disk is like night and day. (Many orders of magnitude) You should
    1st download the file to your hard drive and than write it to the DVD. That
    will speed up the process substantially.

    John

    john, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Hi John, No i am downloading it to a folder on my laptop, which had a dvd
    burner. Its still slow at 13% complete. probabbly will be there next morning.
    Not sure how to make a bootable DVD yet. Meanwhile tearing my hair out to
    find a 64 bit driver for my SONY DVD RW+ model DW-G120A

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  8. Hi Guys,
    Maybe you can help me. I have been running my ASUS P5WD2-E
    Premium for a couple of months on XP. I have a LG DVD RW on mine. I also
    have the Intel 640 CPU. Here is the question. I can't get the Vista Beta
    2(5600) to install. It boots up and then "Copying Files" and then a faint
    logo screen with the copyright info and LOCKUP. I just used this same
    install DVD on my old system and it worked fine. I keep seeing x64 in your
    forum entries, should I be using the x64 version on my ASUS??? I wonder if
    that is the reason? Any ideas?
    --
    Thanks - JD Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQgV2lsbGlhbXM=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  9. There are still teething problems with the SE bios. Don't try with more
    than 2GB of ram.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 27, 2006
  10. OK? I guess you mean by "teething problems", that the bios is very new.
    What SE BIOS are you referring to??? Does my ASUS p5wd2-e use that BIOS?
    And if it does, is there a way to install Vista RC1. I only have 2gb. Thanks.
    --
    Thanks - JD Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQgV2lsbGlhbXM=?=, Sep 28, 2006