    with W2k.

    Thanks,
    Rick

    Richard Stoddard, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Richard Stoddard

    Frank ess Guest

    Richard Stoddard wrote:
    > I recently bought a new computer with WindowsXP and had to reinstall
    > all of my apps. The one app I'm unable to install is Nikon's
    > Capture
    > (v4.3). Every time I try it crashes the computer, and the "blue
    > screen of death" disappears before I'm able to read the error
    > message.
    > It appears to reference a driver conflict, but that's all I can
    > catch
    > before it closes; it isn't there long enough to determine precisely
    > what it may be.
    >
    > I'm also using Photoshop Essentials (v3); any possibility that's
    > what
    > is causing the problem? Anyone else have this problem installing
    > Capture? FYI, I ran both of them without a problem on my old
    > computer
    > with W2k.

    Which one did you install first on Win2k?

    Frank ess, Nov 12, 2005

  3. Richard Stoddard

    Joan Guest

    System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> System Failure
    Uncheck "Automatically restart"

    Then the Blue screen will remain visible and you can check the name of the
    DLL causing the problem as well as the STOP code.

    --
    Joan
    http://joan.colley.name:85

    Joan, Nov 12, 2005
  4. On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:03:57 -0800, "Frank ess" <>
    wrote:

    >Which one did you install first on Win2k?

    I would have installed Photoshop Essentials first, since I didn't buy
    Capture until switching to Nikon.

    Richard Stoddard, Nov 12, 2005
  5. On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:25:05 GMT, "Joan" <> wrote:

    >System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> System Failure
    >Uncheck "Automatically restart"
    >
    >Then the Blue screen will remain visible and you can check the name of the
    >DLL causing the problem as well as the STOP code.

    I'll do that and try again. If I can't figure it out by myself at
    that point I'll post the info here for advice. Thanks!

    Richard Stoddard, Nov 12, 2005
  6. Richard Stoddard

    Brad Powers Guest

    I have an AMD Athlon 64 processor in my Windows XP machine and have never
    been able to get Nikon Capture to install; I've assumed it has something to
    do with the 64 bit processor.
    Brad Powers

    Brad Powers, Nov 12, 2005
  7. Richard Stoddard

    Joan Guest

    Google the STOP error code.

    Joan, Nov 12, 2005
  8. On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 05:03:32 GMT, "Joan" <> wrote:

    >Google the STOP error code.

    Will do as soon as I finish a few other tasks and am ready for a
    retart. Thanks again for the help.

    Richard Stoddard, Nov 12, 2005
  9. On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:58:10 +0500, in rec.photo.digital Richard Stoddard
    <> wrote:

    >I recently bought a new computer with WindowsXP and had to reinstall
    >all of my apps. The one app I'm unable to install is Nikon's Capture
    >(v4.3). Every time I try it crashes the computer, and the "blue
    >screen of death" disappears before I'm able to read the error message.
    >It appears to reference a driver conflict, but that's all I can catch
    >before it closes; it isn't there long enough to determine precisely
    >what it may be.

    Could be an SP2 issue with DEP, see:
    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi...y5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 12, 2005