    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    www.jimscott.co.uk

    Jim S, Aug 1, 2009

  2. Jim S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 00:58:22 +1200, mjsutton wrote:

    > Other solution as
    > good as I've found wipe drive and start again... Sorry but that is the
    > only option I've found that worked

    LOL.The first (or second) refuge of the Windows user.

    Aardvark, Aug 1, 2009

  3. Jim S

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:51:11 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 00:58:22 +1200, mjsutton wrote:
    >>
    >>> Other solution as
    >>> good as I've found wipe drive and start again... Sorry but that is the
    >>> only option I've found that worked

    >> LOL.The first (or second) refuge of the Windows user.

    > Or at least those that use tech support from Gateway, Dell, Compaq, et
    > al.

    So, that's where they learn their behaviour patterns.

    Aardvark, Aug 1, 2009
  4. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:50:05 -0700, The Real Truth MVP wrote:

    > Use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

    Tried that yesterday and uninstalled several programs. No harm done, but it
    did not help.
    Today I finally uninstalled MSPUB cleaned registry with Regseeker -
    rebooted - compacted twice with Defraggler and Windows - re-installed and
    bingo - all is back to normal.
    Thanks anyhow TRT, hope this helps someone else.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Aug 1, 2009