Problem installing monitor drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joh, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Joh

    Joh Guest

    Hi. I use Windows 2000 and had to reinstall the whole thing from scratch
    (including about 250mb worth of updates).

    After the reinstall my monitor driver won't install. I'm stuck with 8
    colours and 800x600.

    I tried installing it via control panel/add-remove hardware/add a new
    device and get the following problem when I select "have disk"...

    "The specified location does not contain information about your
    hardware".

    I also tried adding it through the display control panel. When I clicked
    on settings/advanced/monitor the monitor type is "default monitor".

    Any help you can give I would be grateful for.

    Thanks/regards
    Joh.

    Joh, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Joh

    Tom Guest

    Hi Joh,

    The monitor has no driver. It is the vedio card driver that you need to
    reinstall.
    If you don't have the driver that came with the vedio card, you can download
    it from
    the manufacture.

    Good Luck

    Ken

    Tom, Jul 18, 2003

  3. It's your display adapter that needs a driver, not your monitor.

    btb

    Bruce T. Berger, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Joh

    joh Guest

    "Bruce T. Berger" <btb@Ican'tstandspam.com> wrote in news:GYMRa.18633
    $:

    > It's your display adapter that needs a driver, not your monitor.
    >
    > btb

    Thanks to both of you for your response. Everything back to normal. Cheers.
    Joh.

    joh, Jul 18, 2003