    did. But after the installation a blue error screen apeard, and i can´t start
    using windows x64.
    Can anyone help me????

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQXBhcmljaW8=?=, May 9, 2005

  2. What does error message on the error screen say?
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2005

  3. which driver are you using for the VIA RAID? And what were your exact steps.
    (ie, did you install the driver via F6 during original boot?)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 10, 2005
  4. This is exactly the same, which happened to me yesterday.

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Stadt des Euro
    With Regards from the City of the Euro

    Holger Pfister

    Internet: www.holger-pfister.de

    Holger Pfister, May 10, 2005
  5. Yes i installed the driver via f6 otherwise it woldnt detect my harddrive
    VIASRAID_64bit_AMD_idvr_v096P2
    And it doesnt give me time to see what error it gives. A blue screen apears
    and automaticly a reboot is done.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQXBhcmljaW8=?=, May 10, 2005
  6. James Aparicio wrote:
    > Yes i installed the driver via f6 otherwise it woldnt detect my
    > harddrive VIASRAID_64bit_AMD_idvr_v096P2
    > And it doesnt give me time to see what error it gives. A blue screen
    > apears and automaticly a reboot is done.

    Hi James,

    On your motherboard, you have 4 sata connectors. Two raid connectors, in red
    and two regular connectors, two inches higher. You have to use those ones.
    In the bios, you have to desactivate the promise drivers and any raid
    function. Then, during setup, use the last via drivers (not the one on the
    CD coming with the MOBO).
    Tell us if it helps

    Cheers
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 10, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQXBhcmljaW8=?=

    Rick Guest

    That driver is out of date and does not have the required decorations.
    Without the required decorations, it will not load properly, if at
    all. This requirement started back in December 2004 with the released
    of RC1.

    You can download the current version, with the required decorations, at
    www.viaarena.com

    IDE, RAID & SATA Driver Version - 4.30C 28 April 2005

    Rick, May 10, 2005
  8. I have the exact same problem, same Asus Board with a 3500 AMD+. I downloaded
    the nlatest driver up on Asus today. It just cycles a BSOAD

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZCBMZWF2aXR0?=, May 20, 2005
  9. The BSOD flashs by so fast I cant see it. My install dumps at about 3
    minutes left in the XP install. After that, it BSOD's so fast about 2 secodns
    after the XP screeen pops up that I cant see what it says before it reboots.
    I have nothing on this computer except the Asus board, Gforce 5700 Ultra and
    2 WD Raptor drives in an SATA raid striping. I have all of the features
    pretty much turned off on the MB.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZCBMZWF2aXR0?=, May 20, 2005
  10. If you can boot into Safe Mode you can turn off the reboot option.
    In Safe Mode: Start - Right Click My Computer - Properties - Advanced -
    Startup and Recovery - System Failure - uncheck Automatically restart

    David A. Spicer, May 20, 2005
  11. Couldnt even get in safe mode, all avenues lead to a BSOD. I followed the
    instructions in some other threads and moved the raid off the Promise
    controller and onto the other Via controller. Rebuilt array and used the
    latest drivers. Its up and running now. I would still like to use the Promise
    controller but it looks like they have a lot of problems. The driver for the
    promise on the Asus site is marked as being a may 2005 driver but it does not
    work.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZCBMZWF2aXR0?=, May 20, 2005