Problem Installing alternate Real Player

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Subhas Saha, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. Subhas Saha

    Subhas Saha Guest

    My fiend has windows xp pro with sp2 installed.

    I had recommended him to install Real Player alternative v 1.5.

    When he downloaded and tried to install he recevied the following
    instruction:

    run the set up with command line parameter -MakeUnattended to create
    an unattended set up.

    Not knowing how to do it, he ran the set up without creating anything
    and received the error message:

    Error creating registry Key:
    Hkey_Classes_Root\rtsp
    Reg Create Ex failed;code5
    Access is denied.
    Click Retry to try again, ignore to proceed anyway or abort to
    cancell installation.

    He had to abort as Retry or Ignore was of no use.

    When I had installed I did not find any problem as I could directly
    install easily without going through all these parameters.
    I too have windows xp pro with sp2.

    Any suggestion as how to install the media player will be of great
    help.

    Thanks.

    Subhas Saha, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Subhas Saha

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:35:09 +0200, Subhas Saha Has Frothed:

    > My fiend has windows xp pro with sp2 installed.
    >
    > I had recommended him to install Real Player alternative v 1.5.
    >
    > When he downloaded and tried to install he recevied the following
    > instruction:
    >
    > run the set up with command line parameter -MakeUnattended to create an
    > unattended set up.
    >
    > Not knowing how to do it, he ran the set up without creating anything and
    > received the error message:
    >
    > Error creating registry Key:
    > Hkey_Classes_Root\rtsp
    > Reg Create Ex failed;code5
    > Access is denied.
    > Click Retry to try again, ignore to proceed anyway or abort to cancell
    > installation.
    >
    > He had to abort as Retry or Ignore was of no use.
    >
    > When I had installed I did not find any problem as I could directly
    > install easily without going through all these parameters. I too have
    > windows xp pro with sp2.
    >
    > Any suggestion as how to install the media player will be of great help.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Did your friend have admin privileges?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Subhas Saha

    Subh Sah Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:35:09 +0200, Subhas Saha Has Frothed:

    > Did your friend have admin privileges?

    yes.

    Regards.

    Subh Sah, Oct 21, 2006
  4. Subhas Saha

    sittingduck Guest

    Subhas Saha wrote:

    > Error creating registry Key:
    > Hkey_Classes_Root\rtsp
    > Reg Create Ex failed;code5
    > Access is denied.
    > Click Retry to try again, ignore to proceed anyway or abort to
    > cancell installation.
    >
    > He had to abort as Retry or Ignore was of no use.
    >
    > When I had installed I did not find any problem as I could directly
    > install easily without going through all these parameters.
    > I too have windows xp pro with sp2.
    >
    > Any suggestion as how to install the media player will be of great
    > help.

    It's not a player. It's a codec.
    Your buddy probably has 50 anti-spyware, anti-virus programs running that
    don't want him to install anything.

    sittingduck, Oct 21, 2006
  5. Subhas Saha

    Subh Sah Guest

    sittingduck <> wrote in

    > Subhas Saha wrote:
    >
    >> Error creating registry Key:
    >> Hkey_Classes_Root\rtsp
    >> Reg Create Ex failed;code5
    >> Access is denied.
    >> Click Retry to try again, ignore to proceed anyway or abort

    >> cancell installation.
    >>
    >> He had to abort as Retry or Ignore was of no use.
    >>
    >> When I had installed I did not find any problem as I could

    directly
    >> install easily without going through all these parameters.
    >> I too have windows xp pro with sp2.
    >>
    >> Any suggestion as how to install the media player will be

    of great
    >> help.

    > It's not a player. It's a codec.
    > Your buddy probably has 50 anti-spyware, anti-virus programs

    running
    > that don't want him to install anything.

    But what is unattended nset up and how do I set up with the
    command line
    parameter -MakeUnattended as suggested before installation.
    regards.

    Subh Sah, Oct 21, 2006
  6. Subhas Saha

    sittingduck Guest

    Subh Sah wrote:

    > But what is unattended nset up and how do I set up with the
    > command line
    > parameter -MakeUnattended as suggested before installation.
    > regards.

    It's irrelevant to your problem.

    It just makes is so that it installs without any additional user input. I
    don't believe it will do anything for the errors.

    sittingduck, Oct 21, 2006