    2.6.9-22.ELsmp
    any one can tell me step by step process to upgrade kernel
    , Nov 1, 2007

  2. Desk Rabbit Guest

    Re: problem in updating kernel in HP proliant G380 server runingRHEL 4ES

    wrote:
    > i hav HP proliant G380 server installed RHEL 4 ES, kernel
    > 2.6.9-22.ELsmp
    > any one can tell me step by step process to upgrade kernel

    yum update kernel

    Or step by step:-
    press the Y key
    press the U key
    press the M key

    etc. etc. etc.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 1, 2007

  3. why? Guest

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 07:34:55 -0000, shrikant.vm wrote:

    >i hav HP proliant G380 server installed RHEL 4 ES, kernel
    >2.6.9-22.ELsmp
    >any one can tell me step by step process to upgrade kernel

    If you couldn't find these links then hire someone and pay up for a
    support contract.

    Try
    http://www.redhat.com/rhel/
    and check Support / KB,

    https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/
    FAQs / Support / link to community resources.

    I couldn't find much except the 4.5 RHEL System Admin Guide that has a
    chapter with these headings

    36. Manually Upgrading the Kernel

    36.1. Overview of Kernel Packages
    36.2. Preparing to Upgrade
    36.3. Downloading the Upgraded Kernel
    36.4. Performing the Upgrade
    36.5. Verifying the Initial RAM Disk Image
    36.6. Verifying the Boot Loader

    36.6.1. x86 Systems
    36.6.2. Itanium Systems
    36.6.3. IBM S/390 and IBM eServer zSeries Systems
    36.6.4. IBM eServer iSeries Systems
    36.6.5. IBM eServer pSeries Systems

    Also found a reference to
    Managing RPM-Based Systems with Kickstart and Yum

    Oddly enough the book from O'Reilly
    Linux Kernel in a Nutshell
    Chapter 6 Upgrading a kernel

    Usenet, maybe even

    comp.os.linux.setup

    Linux installation and system administration.
    Category: Computers > Operating Systems, Language: English
    Medium activity, 2066 subscribers, Usenet

    Me
    why?, Nov 1, 2007