    installer3.1 already. Do I need to reinstall the Installer?

    rgds,

    Jak
    Jak, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Jak

    Dshai Guest

    Here's an excerpt from Guru's post on the PlanetAMD64 forum regarding this
    problem:

    Error 1719 occurs in x64 when the 32-bit version of msiexec is registered as
    the msiserver. Here's the fix:

    1.. Open regedit ( Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK)
    2.. Go to the following key: My
    computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
    3.. Look at the ImagePath entry. For Windows XP x64 it should read:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V
    If it doesn't edit the registry to match that.
    4.. Restart the Windows Installer service from the Admin Control Panel ->
    Services CP
    I hope this solves your problem, let us know...
    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Mar 13, 2007

  3. Jak

    Jak Guest

    > 1.. Open regedit ( Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK)
    > 2.. Go to the following key: My
    > computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
    > 3.. Look at the ImagePath entry. For Windows XP x64 it should read:
    > C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V
    > If it doesn't edit the registry to match that.

    Thank you, Dshai, with your instruction, I have successfully installed the
    DotNet framework x64, but there might be a step to be completed before
    restart the service. According to Microsoft KB, after the modifcation of the
    registry has been completed, the next step is to restart the computer to
    safe mode and then register both 32 bits and 64 bits msiexec.exe
    application.

    > 4.. Restart the Windows Installer service from the Admin Control Panel ->
    > Services CP
    > I hope this solves your problem, let us know...
    > --

    Thank you very much.

    Jak
    Jak, Mar 13, 2007
  4. Jak

    Dshai Guest

    Glad it worked for you, thanks for the updated input as well...;o)

    Dshai, Mar 14, 2007