Problem in configuring public ip on w2k3 SBS server.

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by jackiesmith, Jul 10, 2009.

  1. jackiesmith

    jackiesmith

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I am new to this forum.Please help me in the following areas.

    I have a w2k3 sbs with AD, Exchange & IIS installed. This will be my company's web & mail server. It is configured with a private ip 192.x.x.x.
    The network is as follows.
    Server---->switch---->firewall---->ISP router---->internet.
    NAT is enabled on th firewall.
    I want to assign a public ip 208.x.x.x to my server. The FW/router has 2 ips.
    When i try to configure a public ip to my srv, it is giving ip conflict with the FW mac address in the logs. How should I go further.
    Also ip routing, RRAS is enabled on this server. I cannot disturb them.
    Any immediate help will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks
    JS

    jackiesmith, Jul 10, 2009