Problem in accessing CD Drives in VB/VB.Net 2.0.

Discussion in 'Software' started by priyamtheone, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. priyamtheone

    priyamtheone

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    Hi everyone, I'm focusing on a real tough problem that I hav been trying to solve since a long time. I'm trying to detect the Open or close status of the Cd drive door. I'm using mcisendstring function to query the
    status, mcisendstring("Status CDAudio Mode"). This function returns
    the following values accordingly:
    "not ready", "paused", "playing", and "stopped" values.

    Some devices can return the additional "open", "parked", "recording",
    and "seeking" values.

    If there is a cd in the drive and the door is closed then it's almost easy
    to identify as "status CDAudio mode" returns a value anything other
    than "open". But the real problem is when the CD door is open the
    value returned by the mcisendstring function is "open". Again when the
    CD door is closed with no CD inside the function is returning the same
    value "open". There's no way I can distinguish the CD tray status
    programatically when the value returned is "open". Can anybody help
    me? Is there any other way other than the mcisendstring function to
    query the CD door status? If yes then Plz provide me a code example.
    priyamtheone, Jul 29, 2008