    connections folder." I am using the Administrator account, and it still
    isn't working. I need to get it working, so i can try to get some RRAS stuff
    to work before Tuesday, when i go to D.C.

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004

  2. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    log on as the administrator ;-)

    yes, i read your entire post, you fool

    "nerd32768" <brin{removethis}> wrote in message
    > I am having a problem at my house right now. Before you reply, read this

    *I

    Consultant, Jul 6, 2004

  3. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    > log on as the administrator ;-)

    Do you have any _useful_ suggestions?

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  4. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    yes, slice up then across

    Consultant, Jul 6, 2004
  5. nerd32768

    dikk phacer Guest

    Re-install service pack 5.

    Yer getting caulk baluked.

    dikk phacer, Jul 6, 2004
  6. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    > yes, slice up then across

    ok- just tell me your address, so i can slice you "up then across"

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  7. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    > Re-install service pack 5.
    I'm not that stupid.

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  8. nerd32768

    rh Guest

    sounds like the security settings have changed for that
    folder. If you can find it, take ownership of it with
    full rights as administrator and see if you can get to it
    then.

    rh, Jul 6, 2004
  9. 3610 mainsail circle
    westlake village ca 91360

    lets make a doody, Jul 6, 2004
  10. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    "rh" <> wrote in message
    > sounds like the security settings have changed for that
    > folder. If you can find it, take ownership of it with
    > full rights as administrator and see if you can get to it
    > then.

    it is not a normal folder, it is a windows system folder. it shows up in
    Control Panel, etc...

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  11. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    "lets make a doody" <> wrote in message

    > 3610 mainsail circle
    > westlake village ca 91360

    that makes it easy, all i have to do is fly into L.A.
    ( is that where your boss lives? Most of us don't live on a waterfront)

    Source: Microsoft MapPoint 2004

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  12. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    > 3610 mainsail circle
    > westlake village ca 91360

    Escape route:

    0.0Depart Mainsail Cir, Westlake Village, CA 91361 [Mainsail Cir, Westlake
    Village, CA 91361] on Triunfo Canyon Rd (South-East)65 yds
    0.1Turn RIGHT (South) onto Three Springs Dr, then immediately turn LEFT
    (East) onto Triunfo Canyon Rd0.9 mi
    1.0Turn LEFT (North) onto Lindero Canyon Rd1.6 mi
    2.6Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-101 [Ventura Fwy]18.2 miUS-101 / Ventura Fwy /
    Los Angeles
    20.7Keep RIGHT onto Ramp0.2 miBalboa Blvd / Encino
    21.0Turn LEFT (North) onto Balboa Blvd2.6 mi
    23.6Turn RIGHT (East) onto Saticoy St0.5 mi
    24.1Turn LEFT (North) onto Hayvenhurst Ave174 yds
    24.2Turn RIGHT (East) onto Local road(s)153 yds
    24.3Arrive Van Nuys Airport

    SUMMARY
    Driving distance: 24.3 miles
    Trip duration: 34 minutes

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  13. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    im in sacramento, actually. but i'll warn you, im not your typical computer
    geek.

    Consultant, Jul 6, 2004
  14. nerd32768

    Jtyc Guest

    > but i'll warn you, im not your typical computer geek.

    You're not a 125lbs Asian male that's into Hentai porn??

    Jtyc, Jul 6, 2004
  15. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    no, im not asian

    Consultant, Jul 6, 2004
  16. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    > I am having a problem at my house right now. Before you reply, read this

    *I
    > DID CHECK GOOGLE*. When i try to change the settings for my network
    > adapters, i just right-click on "My Network Places", go to properties, and
    > get the error "you do not have permission to open the network and dial-up
    > connections folder." I am using the Administrator account, and it still
    > isn't working. I need to get it working, so i can try to get some RRAS

    stuff
    > to work before Tuesday, when i go to D.C.

    Is anyone going to give me a real answer?

    nerd32768, Jul 6, 2004
  17. nerd32768

    Sync Guest

    > I am having a problem at my house right now. Before you reply, read this

    *I
    > DID CHECK GOOGLE*. When i try to change the settings for my network
    > adapters, i just right-click on "My Network Places", go to properties, and
    > get the error "you do not have permission to open the network and dial-up
    > connections folder." I am using the Administrator account, and it still
    > isn't working. I need to get it working, so i can try to get some RRAS

    stuff
    > to work before Tuesday, when i go to D.C.

    Sounds like a policy problem/restriction.

    The policy should be in:
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu & Taskbar\Remove
    Network & Dial-up Connections from Start Menu

    (I found this on the net.)
    You can also look at the registry:

    KN: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    VN: NoNetworkConnections
    VT: REG_DWORD
    V: 0x00000001

    Sync, Jul 7, 2004
  18. nerd32768

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 6, 2004 "nerd32768" blathered:

    > Is anyone going to give me a real answer?

    Poor "nerd32768". He can never get a straight answer in here.
    Try: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 7, 2004
  19. nerd32768

    coalan Guest

    restart your server using safe mode (admin accounts have
    a special template when restarted on safe mode), logon as
    administrator, solve your problem, create a new admin
    account and use the new account from now on

    coalan, Jul 8, 2004