Problem I can't boot into the WINDOWS XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. I have lnstall wINDOWS XPx64 in a dual boot with wINDOWS XP32.In the disk C:
    windows xp pro32 and in the disk D: windows xp pro64. The 32 bit version
    works fine, but I can't boot into the x64 version.With the trial version of
    wINDOWS XPx64 I do not have problem only with the official.When I try to make
    boot in windows xp pro64 the computer restart.
    boot.ini

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional x64" /fastdetect
    Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    My system:

    AMD64 3200+
    MSI K8T Neo VIA Chipset
    DDR 400 1024MB SAMSUNG
    2*120GB SATA MAXTOR
    1*70GB PATA HITACHI
    MSI Nvidia nx6800 DT 128MB
    DVD RW DUAL LG GSA-4163B
    DVD ROM LG GDR-8163B
    TVCR PixelView Play TV Pro

    Knows no one who is the problem

    =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=, Jun 2, 2005

  2. You could try doing a repair install on the x64 partition, just boot off the
    XP x64 disk go into the repair console that is bootcfg /add add the
    installation that you don't have from the list provided.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005

  3. To fix:

    1) Run the recovery console from the XP32 installation CD
    2) Log in to the 64-bit XP installation
    3) type "bootcfg /list" This will find currently installed instances of XP
    4) type "bootcfg /rebuild" It will search again. When prompted, add "all"
    detected installations to the boot list.
    5) You will be asked for the load identifier. Type in the name of the OS
    (XP 64 etc.)
    6) when /fastdetect etc. etc. etc. is displayed, press enter
    7) type exit
    Reboot
    Enjoy.

    --
    AMD FX-55
    2 GB Corsair Pro

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=, Jun 2, 2005
  4. RE: Problem I can't boot into the WINDOWS XP x64*Correction

    I made a mistake in my previous post. Your having a problem loading the
    64-bit version, so boot the the 64-bit CD, not the 32-bit.

    Sorry!

    --
    AMD FX-55
    2 GB Corsair Pro

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0pN?=, Jun 2, 2005
  5. "CJM" wrote:

    > 1) Run the recovery console from the XP32 installation CD
    > 2) Log in to the 64-bit XP installation
    > 3) type "bootcfg /list" This will find currently installed instances of XP
    > 4) type "bootcfg /rebuild" It will search again. When prompted, add "all"
    > detected installations to the boot list.
    > 5) You will be asked for the load identifier. Type in the name of the OS
    > (XP 64 etc.)
    > 6) when /fastdetect etc. etc. etc. is displayed, press enter
    > 7) type exit
    > Reboot

    I tryed but I continue to have the same problem

    =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=, Jun 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Possibly the SATA drivers @ F6. Do you have the latest?

    John Barnes, Jun 2, 2005
  7. And to get the latest F6 Drivers, try http://planetamd64.com and use
    http://bugmenot.com to bypass registration.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  8. Hello,
    So what happens when you try to boot in safe mode?
    What happens when you choose the safe mode option boot options and on that
    page choose the option to not auto-reboot the system, is there a bluescreen
    error displayed on the subsequent boot and if so what is the error message?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?= <@discussions.microsoft.com>

    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 3, 2005
  9. ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > So what happens when you try to boot in safe mode?
    > What happens when you choose the safe mode option boot options and on that
    > page choose the option to not auto-reboot the system, is there a bluescreen
    > error displayed on the subsequent boot and if so what is the error message?
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    When I try to make boot in safe mode the system begins to load some drivers
    and then auto-reboot.

    =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=, Jun 3, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, CJM.

    I understand all this except...

    > 5) You will be asked for the load identifier. Type in the name of the OS
    > (XP 64 etc.)

    I ran into that "load identifier" question yesterday for the first time and
    didn't know what to enter - or where to find out. :>(

    Is there a list of acceptable answers? What if I typed "x64" instead of "XP
    64"? Or do I have to type in the whole "Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition" - without making a typo?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 3, 2005
  11. Get the latest F6 Drivers at http://Planetamd64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    This is the name you want to show up on the boot screen. Use anything you
    want to identify it. Then hit enter TWICE since you don't need the next
    item.

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Aha!

    So I'm not supposed to blindly pick from an unseen list of acceptable
    choices. I should just create my own choice of label - what goes between
    the quotes in the Boot.ini line.

    Thanks, John!

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 3, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=

    cpoet Guest

    Seem to be having the same problem. The Windows 64 XP Pro loads then
    begins
    to setup Windows 64 XP the screen that says you have 39 mins to go. It
    loads
    and at 34min, the screen flickers, then goes out, and the monitor power
    on
    button changes from green to orange, and the screen remains black

    IT will load no more

    My System:

    Asus SLI Deluxe MB,
    SLI Asus 6800 Video cards w/256m
    4 Seagate sata 3.0 Hard Drives
    2GB Dual Memory
    Intel 3.4GB 64bit compatable CPU
    SST TJ03 Silverstone case
    hand painted by Smooth Creations
    Pioneer DVD Burner
    Pioneer DVD player
    Card Reader

    Any hints as to why, seems like it might be a video problem, just not
    sure. All
    items seem compatable

    Cpoet

    --