    --
    Johan van Veen

    www.musica-dei-donum.net

    Johan van Veen, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Johan van Veen wrote:
    > I have a strange problem since earlier today.
    > In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
    > Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than 600.
    > How is this possible?
    > When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
    > Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
    > this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
    > Thanks.

    Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
    problem inbox. Restart TB.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Johan van Veen wrote:
    >
    >> I have a strange problem since earlier today.
    >> In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
    >> Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than
    >> 600. How is this possible?
    >> When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
    >> Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
    >> this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
    > problem inbox. Restart TB.
    >

    > Lee

    Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
    Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.

    --
    Johan van Veen

    www.musica-dei-donum.net

    Johan van Veen, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Johan van Veen wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Johan van Veen wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a strange problem since earlier today.
    >>> In my Inbox there were only three e-mails which were unread.
    >>> Nevertheless according to Mozilla Thunderbird there were more than
    >>> 600. How is this possible?
    >>> When I click on 'Get Mail', nothing happens. Only if I doubleclick on
    >>> Inbox I get new mails - in a new window, of course. I have never had
    >>> this problem before. Does anyone have a solution?
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
    >> problem inbox. Restart TB.
    >>

    >> Lee

    > Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
    > Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.

    Note I said Profile folder, which is separate from your program folder,
    to keep your data safe.

    The path varies with OS, and blast Thunderbird, all your UA tells me is
    Windows.

    98/ME

    C:\Windows\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\

    NT/XP

    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\

    You can safely delete any files with a .msf extension. They are summary
    files which will be rebuilt on opening TB. *Do not* delete files that
    do not have extensions. These are your mail files.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Johan van Veen wrote:

    >>> Go to your profile folder and delete the msf file associated with the
    >>> problem inbox. Restart TB.
    >>>

    >>> Lee

    >> Thanks, but where do I find that file? I went to Program Files/Mozilla
    >> Thunderbird/defaults/profile, but I didn't find an msf file.
    >>

    > Note I said Profile folder, which is separate from your program folder,
    > to keep your data safe.
    >
    > The path varies with OS, and blast Thunderbird, all your UA tells me is
    > Windows.
    >
    > 98/ME
    >
    > C:\Windows\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\
    >
    > NT/XP
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\Mail\
    >
    > You can safely delete any files with a .msf extension. They are summary
    > files which will be rebuilt on opening TB. *Do not* delete files that
    > do not have extensions. These are your mail files.
    >
    > Lee

    It worked perfectly. Many thanks!

    --
    Johan van Veen