    as well but to no awhile.

    Anyone have a idea how to make embedded videos display in firefox? And yes
    all displays neatly in IE exporer on the same machine here...
    H, Jul 31, 2007

  2. H wrote:
    > I use the latest Firefox 2006 but the problem have been there for a long
    > time.
    > Reading the http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 in
    > Mozillazine
    > told me that Windows Media Player Plugin is fine... But it is the Active-x
    > is
    > the culprit. Typing about:plugines does not give any results for active x
    > plugins.
    > So where does one get them only found old ones that does not work in my
    > Browser.
    >
    > Have tried the
    > http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
    > as well but to no awhile.
    >
    > Anyone have a idea how to make embedded videos display in firefox? And yes
    > all displays neatly in IE exporer on the same machine here...

    active-x is not a part of Firefox, its an add-on and you can
    get it here:
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download and you
    can read the warning here:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/important.html#activex

    other than that, how about posting a link to the problem
    site and someone can go check it out. It may not be a
    problem with your system, but rather the site. Of course it
    works for IE, chances are the site was created with IE in
    mind and nothing else.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 31, 2007

  3. H

    H Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    skrev i melding news:f8nhja$2kr$...
    >H wrote:
    >> I use the latest Firefox 2006 but the problem have been there for a long
    >> time.
    >> Reading the http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 in
    >> Mozillazine
    >> told me that Windows Media Player Plugin is fine... But it is the
    >> Active-x is
    >> the culprit. Typing about:plugines does not give any results for active x
    >> plugins.
    >> So where does one get them only found old ones that does not work in my
    >> Browser.
    >>
    >> Have tried the
    >> http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
    >> as well but to no awhile.
    >>
    >> Anyone have a idea how to make embedded videos display in firefox? And
    >> yes all displays neatly in IE exporer on the same machine here...

    > active-x is not a part of Firefox, its an add-on and you can get it here:
    > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download and you can read the
    > warning here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/important.html#activex
    >
    > other than that, how about posting a link to the problem site and someone
    > can go check it out. It may not be a problem with your system, but rather
    > the site. Of course it works for IE, chances are the site was created
    > with IE in mind and nothing else.

    Thank you for your reply, looking at the site now and see if it will help.

    About problem site well... ;) http://video.google.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/
    etc if it have video i sure cant see it, been cheking the flash player now,
    apparently i have that installed as well.
    H, Jul 31, 2007
  4. H wrote:
    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    > skrev i melding news:f8nhja$2kr$...
    >> H wrote:
    >>> I use the latest Firefox 2006 but the problem have been there for a long
    >>> time.
    >>> Reading the http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213 in
    >>> Mozillazine
    >>> told me that Windows Media Player Plugin is fine... But it is the
    >>> Active-x is
    >>> the culprit. Typing about:plugines does not give any results for active x
    >>> plugins.
    >>> So where does one get them only found old ones that does not work in my
    >>> Browser.
    >>>
    >>> Have tried the
    >>> http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
    >>> as well but to no awhile.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have a idea how to make embedded videos display in firefox? And
    >>> yes all displays neatly in IE exporer on the same machine here...

    >> active-x is not a part of Firefox, its an add-on and you can get it here:
    >> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download and you can read the
    >> warning here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/important.html#activex
    >>
    >> other than that, how about posting a link to the problem site and someone
    >> can go check it out. It may not be a problem with your system, but rather
    >> the site. Of course it works for IE, chances are the site was created
    >> with IE in mind and nothing else.

    > Thank you for your reply, looking at the site now and see if it will help.
    >
    > About problem site well... ;) http://video.google.com/
    > http://www.youtube.com/
    > etc if it have video i sure cant see it, been cheking the flash player now,
    > apparently i have that installed as well.

    the active-x file will not help you on those sites. Make
    sure you have the current flash installed, and if need be,
    reinstall flash.

    Also, in the address bar, type in about:plugins and see if
    the flash file is located there. If so, then try these test
    pages:

    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    if the flash works there, then flash is installed properly.

    Also, do you use the extension flashblock? If so then that
    could be the problem. Also, how about the noscript and
    adblock extensions? If so, then those could be the problem.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 31, 2007
  5. H

    H Guest

    > the active-x file will not help you on those sites. Make sure you have
    > the current flash installed, and if need be, reinstall flash.
    >
    > Also, in the address bar, type in about:plugins and see if the flash file
    > is located there. If so, then try these test pages:
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
    > http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
    >
    > if the flash works there, then flash is installed properly.
    >
    > Also, do you use the extension flashblock? If so then that could be the
    > problem. Also, how about the noscript and adblock extensions? If so, then
    > those could be the problem.
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    > click on the Reply button, not the Reply All or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    > http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Whoho dancing my happy dance here, it worked. Flash was installed
    but did not work, installed it again, nope. Then i read your
    suggestion about flashblock and noscript, yup a long time ago i
    did have those on but dropped em, so the most likely problem i
    suppose were some residue from them after messing with em before
    unisntall/deleted or whatever i did. So i went to
    http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_3.html And followed the
    instructions for a complete uninstall of Firefox. Reinstalled and
    went straight to youtubue to test and boom a-ok :))

    Thanks for your help, will great to work only with one browser again!
    H, Jul 31, 2007