    email and can't figure that out either.

    Can anyone get me going in the right direction?

    Thanks.
    al, May 14, 2006

  2. al

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "al" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
    >
    > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
    >
    > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    > email and can't figure that out either.
    >
    > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks.

    This is just one man's opinion and as such will have variable value, perhaps
    none at all.

    I have given up on the software that came with both of my digital cameras.
    You don't actually need it. When you attach the camera to the PC, the
    computer thinks its looking at removable hard drive. You can use all the
    normal methods of moving files around.

    To send an image, RIGHT CLICK on your selection and select SEND TO>Mail
    Recipient, at which point you will be prompted to either make the picture
    smaller or keep the original size. I assume that you are using Windows XP. I
    don't like using any of the Wizards that Windows insists on popping up at
    the slightest pretext. Maybe I am old fashioned. I can still work in DOS. I
    remember when Windows was introduced and it sucked.

    Other methods work too. In Outlook Express, you can attach a file, or you
    can insert an image. I will stop now.

    For photoediting, I use the Adobe product.
    Rudy Benner, May 14, 2006

  3. al

    Don Wiss Guest

    On 14 May 2006 15:39:43 -0700, "al" <> wrote:

    >I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    >software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    >the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.

    Your best bet is to use the free IrfanView.com. Simple, plus everybody else
    can then help you.

    If you want to crop losslessly, then use jpegcrop. (You can rotate
    losslessly in IrfanView.)

    To get your pictures into your PC, go out and buy the cheapest card reader
    you can find.

    >I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    >email and can't figure that out either.

    I prefer that they don't appear in the e-mail. And if using Outlook Express
    it defaults to sticking it there. And if too big other e-mail software
    chops them up and makes them unusable.

    Don Wiss, May 15, 2006
  4. al

    Paul Heslop Guest

    al wrote:

    > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
    >
    > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
    >
    > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    > email and can't figure that out either.
    >
    > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I guess the first question has to be what format are the photographs
    in? I don't use either of the pieces of software you use, but am
    wondering if what is happening is you're sending a kind of page of an
    album, with thumbnails but no actual images, which would explain why
    when they click the thumbnail they get no picture.

    --
    Paul (I met another man who was wounded in hatred)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, May 15, 2006
  5. al

    al Guest

    Thanks for the comments. I'm using XP and the file type when reduced
    is JPEG I guess. Also tried right clicking on the image in "my
    pictures", then email, but got the same results just trying to send an
    individual picture, no slide shows or anything. Must have tried it 10
    or more times carefully following instructions (I think) in each
    program.

    I'll give the programs mentioned above a shot tomorrow and see what
    happens.

    Thanks again.
    al, May 15, 2006
  6. al

    Paul Heslop Guest

    al wrote:

    > Thanks for the comments. I'm using XP and the file type when reduced
    > is JPEG I guess. Also tried right clicking on the image in "my
    > pictures", then email, but got the same results just trying to send an
    > individual picture, no slide shows or anything. Must have tried it 10
    > or more times carefully following instructions (I think) in each
    > program.
    >
    > I'll give the programs mentioned above a shot tomorrow and see what
    > happens.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    I the program I use for email I have a small icon on the toolbar for
    attaching objects. All I do is click that, browse for the image and
    send as attachment to email. Points about image size etc are very
    relevant though. Some people don't seem to be able to receive images
    etc over a certain data size.
    Paul Heslop, May 15, 2006
  7. al

    tomm42 Guest

    I have had problems sending photos, mainly because they were too large.
    I assume you are sending jpegs. It is best to keep the size below 300K,
    different ISPs have different rules that often can be burried in their
    directions. Also there are different computers set ups, does the
    recipient have a viewing program? How is the recipient set up to
    receive the photos, dial up connections can be frustratingly slow to
    receive pictures or will time them out all together. When in doubt sent
    a CD.

    Tom
    tomm42, May 15, 2006
  8. al

    keith Guest

    "al" <> wrote in message
    > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
    >
    > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
    >
    > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    > email and can't figure that out either.
    >
    > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You might want to try Picasa2 from google

    http://picasa.google.com/

    Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.

    Keith.
    keith, May 16, 2006
  9. al

    Paul Heslop Guest

    keith wrote:

    > "al" <> wrote in message
    > > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    > > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    > > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    > > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
    > >
    > > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    > > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    > > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
    > >
    > > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    > > email and can't figure that out either.
    > >
    > > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > You might want to try Picasa2 from google
    >

    > Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.
    >
    > Keith.

    How much do they pay you Keith?

    Paul Heslop, May 16, 2006
  10. al

    Roger Guest

    On 14 May 2006 15:39:43 -0700, "al" <> wrote:

    >New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    >the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    >view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    >"failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.

    You didn't say what you are using for a mail program. Most mail
    programs will handle photos easily. OTOH they leave it up to the
    sender to set the size before sending. Many ISPs limit the size of
    attachments or total size for the message.

    >I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    >software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    >the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.

    There is size reduction and then there is size reduction.
    When you say reduced the size I assume you mean the number of pixels
    for length and width and are not talking about inches or mm.

    >I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    >email and can't figure that out either.

    Again it depends on what you are using for a mail program.
    Although my mail readers are set for text only for safety. In HTML
    they will allow the photos to be inserted right into the message.
    You do have to have HTML turned on to view them in the e-mail, but not
    to open an attachment.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com.

    Roger, May 16, 2006
  11. al

    keith Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > keith wrote:
    >>
    >> "al" <> wrote in message
    >> > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
    >> > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
    >> > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
    >> > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
    >> >
    >> > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
    >> > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
    >> > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
    >> >
    >> > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
    >> > email and can't figure that out either.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >

    >> You might want to try Picasa2 from google
    >>

    >> Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.
    >>
    >> Keith.

    > How much do they pay you Keith?

    Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did ;-))

    Is there a problem with the software?

    Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
    e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.

    Keith.
    keith, May 16, 2006
  12. al

    Paul Heslop Guest

    keith wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > keith wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "al" <> wrote in message

    > >> You might want to try Picasa2 from google
    > >>

    > >> Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.
    > >>
    > >> Keith.

    > > How much do they pay you Keith?
    > >

    > Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did ;-))
    >
    > Is there a problem with the software?
    >
    > Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
    > e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.
    >
    > Keith.

    Sorry keith, seems to have been a few pluggers for the thing, with one
    guy even setting up a web site to give it a push. I had heard they've
    started offering rewards for promotion.

    Paul Heslop, May 16, 2006
  13. al

    > keith wrote:
    >>
    >> "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    >> > How much do they pay you Keith?
    >> >

    >> Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did ;-))
    >>
    >> Is there a problem with the software?
    >>
    >> Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
    >> e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.
    >>
    >> Keith.

    > Sorry keith, seems to have been a few pluggers for the thing, with one
    > guy even setting up a web site to give it a push. I had heard they've
    > started offering rewards for promotion.

    No problem..... I didn't realise that.
    I wonder if they will reward for past recommendations ;-))

    Anyway, enough plugs.........

    Keith.
    keith, May 17, 2006
  14. al

    Paul Heslop Guest

    keith wrote:

    > No problem..... I didn't realise that.
    > I wonder if they will reward for past recommendations ;-))
    >
    > Anyway, enough plugs.........
    >
    > Keith.

    :O))

    Paul Heslop, May 17, 2006
  15. al

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    Roger <> writes:

    > You didn't say what you are using for a mail program. Most mail
    > programs will handle photos easily.

    [...]
    > Again it depends on what you are using for a mail program.
    > Although my mail readers are set for text only for safety. In HTML
    > they will allow the photos to be inserted right into the message.
    > You do have to have HTML turned on to view them in the e-mail, but not
    > to open an attachment.

    What handles photos via email better is ourdoings.com. The email has
    alternative parts in different formats for different readers. Roger's
    mail readers would pick up the text/plain part that would show the text
    that goes with the photos along with "Illustrated at " in case he wants to go on the web... photos for your family or group.
    Bruce Lewis, May 17, 2006
  16. al

    al Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I've found that emailing pix to aol users works fine. I use aol also.
    But the first people I sent things to were Yahoo accounts. Pictures
    still can't be viewed or downloaded when received by a Yahoo account.
    Pixels were lowered and Images reduced to less than 300kbs. I have
    received pictures in my yahoo account before sent by others, but I
    tried sending pictures to my yahoo acct using aol and still no go.
    Thumbnail, but no viewing or downloading. "Image failed to load" is
    the message i get.

    Thanks again...
    al, May 17, 2006
  17. al

    Roger Guest

    On 17 May 2006 06:53:53 -0700, "al" <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the suggestions.
    >
    >I've found that emailing pix to aol users works fine. I use aol also.
    >But the first people I sent things to were Yahoo accounts. Pictures
    >still can't be viewed or downloaded when received by a Yahoo account.
    >Pixels were lowered and Images reduced to less than 300kbs. I have
    >received pictures in my yahoo account before sent by others, but I
    >tried sending pictures to my yahoo acct using aol and still no go.
    >Thumbnail, but no viewing or downloading. "Image failed to load" is
    >the message i get.

    That is where a system like Bruce mentioned comes in handy. And no...
    I don't even know Bruce. <:))

    >Thanks again...

    Roger
    Roger, May 18, 2006