problem email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by debbie.becky, May 20, 2006.

  1. debbie.becky

    debbie.becky Guest

    Hi
    can anyone help with this annoying problem

    this error comes from a website I am subscribed to
    I have requested a forgotten password to be sent to my email address but all
    I get is this error message

    xp_sendmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail
    client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook
    and set it as the default mail client.

    have checked outlook express but the default isn't highlighted so I am
    assuming it is default
    also installed Microsoft outlook and set that to default
    get the same message which ever way I do it please anyone help.
    Thanks
    Debbie

    windows XP
    outlook express 6 sp2
    Microsoft outlook 2003
    debbie.becky, May 20, 2006

  2. debbie.becky

    the paddle Guest

    the paddle, May 20, 2006

  3. debbie.becky

    Mike Easter Guest

    debbie.becky wrote:

    > this error comes from a website I am subscribed to

    I'm trying to see the story.

    website means that you are using your browser maybe IE to access a
    website and it wants a user/pass

    > I have requested a forgotten password to be sent to my email address

    Where 'requested' means that you and your browser are using some kind of
    webfunction to make that request. So presumably the webfunction is
    'doing something' instead of you and your browser and keyboard simply
    'typing' in the email address to which you want the password mailed.
    Some kind of 'blackbox' gizmo is 'springing into operation' at the
    website.

    > but all I get is this error message

    Now, the blackbox website gizmo is trying to execute some kind of
    operation by manipulating your browser to summon forth a mailuser agent
    for which your configuration must be 'confused'. It seems that your
    browser doesn't know whether your mailuser agent is OL or OE.

    Normally I don't like for my browser to set my mailuser agent into
    operation.

    > xp_sendmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current
    > mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
    > Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

    I also don't like it when something else is trying to tell me what my
    default should be.

    > have checked outlook express but the default isn't highlighted so I am
    > assuming it is default

    You check your browser, eg IE for what is your default mailuser agent
    for that app

    IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Programs tab/ Email section.

    > also installed Microsoft outlook and set that to default

    So, which do you want to be the mailuser agent? There is a lot of
    difference between OL and OE.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 20, 2006
  4. debbie.becky

    debbie.becky Guest

    I get the picture but I have done all previous messages and
    uninstalled Microsoft outlook
    outlook express is definitely default email
    still getting same error message

    debbie.becky, May 20, 2006
  5. debbie.becky

    Helen Guest

    In OE (outlook express) go to Tools/Options ...click the Security tab and see
    what you have checked.

    Helen, May 20, 2006
  6. debbie.becky

    Mike Easter Guest

    debbie.becky wrote:

    > outlook express is definitely default email
    > still getting same error message

    Isn't there some way you can tell the website the email address to send
    your pw?

    What website is this?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 20, 2006
  7. debbie.becky

    debbie.becky Guest

    no only asks to tick business or personal email address they have both
    http://www.the-nhf.org/
    click on member which sends to id password
    id is 3016898

    debbie.becky, May 21, 2006
  8. debbie.becky

    debbie.becky Guest

    i did ring them they said theres nothing they could do and would not post a
    password to me (not allowed) also checked they had the right email
    addresses.
    i paid nearly £200 to subscribe for membership to this federation
    any clues

    debbie.becky, May 21, 2006