Problem detected - windows shut down to prevent damage

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by -mc-, Nov 24, 2008.

  1. -mc-

    -mc-

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi all,

    I was wondering if someone could help me with a recent problem. The screen of my pc turns blue and the following message appears in white lettering.

    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

    The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvaq.dll

    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

    STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFAAC1CC, 0x00000001, 0xBF9E3B2F, 0x00000000)

    ati2dvag.dll - Address BF9E3B2F base at BF9D5000, date stamp 4B02a0ca

    It seems the problem has to do with my video card? If so I'm not sure why since I have not d/led any new drivers recently or even touched anything related to the video card.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks for your time,

    Matt
    -mc-, Nov 24, 2008