    of it, if it is bad?
    It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
    They all keep replacing themselves.
    D.L. Man, Jan 10, 2006

  2. D.L. Man

    Brando Guest

    http://www.computing.net/windowsnt/wwwboard/forum/22271.html
    Brando, Jan 10, 2006

  3. D.L. Man

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
    > shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
    > it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
    > of it, if it is bad?
    > It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
    > They all keep replacing themselves.

    Leave it alone:

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/wowexec/
    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006
  4. D.L. Man

    Brando Guest

    "Brando" <> wrote in message

    > "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    >> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried
    >> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system
    >> and
    >> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get
    >> rid
    >> of it, if it is bad?
    >> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
    >> They all keep replacing themselves.
    >>

    > http://www.computing.net/windowsnt/wwwboard/forum/22271.html

    Better :- http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.petch.html

    ;o)
    Brando, Jan 10, 2006
  5. D.L. Man

    Brando Guest

    "Brando" <> wrote in message

    > "Brando" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    >>> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried
    >>> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system
    >>> and
    >>> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get
    >>> rid
    >>> of it, if it is bad?
    >>> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll,
    >>> wowfaxui.dll"
    >>> They all keep replacing themselves.
    >>>

    >> http://www.computing.net/windowsnt/wwwboard/forum/22271.html
    >>

    > Better :- http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.petch.html
    >
    > ;o)

    Holy shiiiit!

    http://www.testmyfirewall.com/dll-files/wowexec.html

    Worse!

    ;o(
    Brando, Jan 10, 2006
  6. D.L. Man

    D.L. Man Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    > This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
    > shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
    > it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
    > of it, if it is bad?
    > It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
    > They all keep replacing themselves.

    Thanks guys. I thought it was weird since it was there all of a sudden and I
    never seen it before. Then it would keep replacing itself when I deleted the
    file during testing. But it did only show up after I tried a 16 bit file and
    hasn't came back after a reboot. I just wanted to make sure though. So
    thanks again for your help.

    D.L. Man
    D.L. Man, Jan 11, 2006