    CD.

    Thanks.

    , Nov 15, 2005

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
    > or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
    > saying:
    >
    > "Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

    Guess you dont read the docs, ie disable background apps before you
    reinstall.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 15, 2005

  3. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    snip
    > But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP
    > Pro
    > CD.

    snip

    Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 are 'not' part of XP nor are they part of 'any'
    Microsoft product.
    To remedy your problem you will have to find the Install CD that those
    programs originally came on.
    Look for something with either 'Adaptec' or 'Roxio' on the cover.

    PeeCee

    PC, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:26:29 +1300, "PC" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >snip
    >> But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP
    >> Pro
    >> CD.

    >snip
    >
    >Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 are 'not' part of XP nor are they part of 'any'
    >Microsoft product.
    >To remedy your problem you will have to find the Install CD that those
    >programs originally came on.
    >Look for something with either 'Adaptec' or 'Roxio' on the cover.
    >
    >PeeCee

    Alternatively, can I just remove Easy CD and DVD Creator? I see it listed in
    installed programs in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs list.

    , Nov 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    On 15 Nov 2005 00:16:02 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>
    >> I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
    >> or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
    >> saying:
    >>
    >> "Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

    >Guess you dont read the docs, ie disable background apps before you
    >reinstall.

    Disable background apps before I reinstall what? Windows? I couldn't get into
    Windows at all, even in safe mode. That's why I had to do a repair/reinstall. SO
    I guess I just couldn't disable any background apps.

    , Nov 15, 2005