Problem connecting USB mouse through PS/2 Adapter.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by pen, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. pen

    pen Guest

    "Ossi" <> wrote in message
    > Hy, when I connect my keyboard and mouse using the USB, they work
    > fine. But
    > if I connect them using a PS/2 they dont.
    >
    > The PS/2 is the place where both, keyboard and mouse should be
    > connected.
    > Behind the PC there are those two icons, mouse and keyboard.
    >
    > What can I do to solve this problem? I need to use the USBs for
    > other
    > hardware. Thanks
    >
    > Ossi.

    Did your KB and Mouse come with their own PS2 adapters and are they
    specified as
    USB/PS2 compatible? If not then passive adapters won't work.

    Ossi, Jul 20, 2006

  3. pen

    Ossi Guest

    Hi... Pen... thanks!!! Well, I am not sure, I have many, many PS2s
    adapters... I am not sure which one came with the PC. Is there a
    possibility to make changes or buy the correct PS2 adapters?

    Ossi
    Washington DC

    Ossi, Jul 20, 2006
  4. pen

    pen Guest

    "Ossi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi... Pen... thanks!!! Well, I am not sure, I have many, many PS2s
    > adapters... I am not sure which one came with the PC. Is there a
    > possibility to make changes or buy the correct PS2 adapters?
    >
    > Ossi
    > Washington DC

    Unless the KB and Mouse are specified to work on PS2 they won't with
    passive adapters.
    They must be PS2 and USB specified. If they aren't the cheapest thing to
    do is buy a
    USB Hub. They're cheap.
    pen, Jul 20, 2006
  5. One more thing that you can do is change your settings for both mouse and KB
    and after that you'll should be able to have them working right no matter
    what type of adapters you're using

    Ivan Martinez, Sep 23, 2006