    Was it me or xtra? Seems odd the Help line wasn't working.

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Oct 21, 2005

  2. geopelia

    Rob J Guest

    In article <MEV5f.1670$>,
    says...
    > Did anyone have a problem connecting to xtra (dialup) last night , 20th
    > please? (around 11.30)
    >
    > I kept getting the error message 676 line busy. I phoned xtra's 0800 Help as
    > there was nothing wrong with my phone line, but got a message from them
    > about the number not being available, twice. Then I got error 718 cannot
    > establish dialup connection, check password.
    > Soon after midnight things were OK.
    >
    > Was it me or xtra? Seems odd the Help line wasn't working.

    Yes I heard from Xtra users elsewhere that their email and connections
    are having problems this morning.
    Rob J, Oct 21, 2005

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > In article <MEV5f.1670$>,
    > says...
    > > Did anyone have a problem connecting to xtra (dialup) last night , 20th
    > > please? (around 11.30)
    > >
    > > I kept getting the error message 676 line busy. I phoned xtra's 0800

    Help as
    > > there was nothing wrong with my phone line, but got a message from them
    > > about the number not being available, twice. Then I got error 718 cannot
    > > establish dialup connection, check password.
    > > Soon after midnight things were OK.
    > >
    > > Was it me or xtra? Seems odd the Help line wasn't working.

    > Yes I heard from Xtra users elsewhere that their email and connections
    > are having problems this morning.

    Thank you, nice to know it wasn't me.
    I suppose the rain had got into the wiring.
    geopelia, Oct 21, 2005
  4. geopelia

    Bling Bling Guest

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:23:09 +1300, geopelia wrote:

    > Was it me or xtra? Seems odd the Help line wasn't working.

    Sounds like it was Xtra.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
    will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."
    Bling Bling, Oct 21, 2005