    who has a Linksys router. My model is a WRTGS 1.1.

    Thanks.
    Stan

    Stan, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Stan

    pdc Guest

    The only time I have had symptoms similar to that were when I had two
    network adapters both trying to talk.
    In my case, I had connection via my wireless modem whilst I also had
    ethernet cable connection. Disabling one or the other would allow me access

    pdc, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Stan

    Rom Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:19:49 GMT, Stan rambled:

    > Since I got my new computer with XP (and SP2) and a Linksys router, I
    > have been unable to connect to the secure news server
    > "secnews.netscape.com". I run with Windows Firewall Off and turn off
    > Norton Security, but can't get connected. The problem seems to be in
    > the router as I cannot access secnews.netscape.com from my new computer
    > or from my old computer (98SE) wired to the router.
    >
    > I've had numerous exchanges with Linksys support and even have tried a
    > replacement router which they sent me, but no luck.
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone has successfully connected to this news server
    > who has a Linksys router. My model is a WRTGS 1.1.

    I don't use the router, but one thing not mentioned is if TCP port 563
    outbound is allowed in the router?

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Mar 12, 2005
  4. Stan

    Stan Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:19:49 GMT, Stan rambled:
    >

    >>Since I got my new computer with XP (and SP2) and a Linksys router, I
    >>have been unable to connect to the secure news server
    >>"secnews.netscape.com". I run with Windows Firewall Off and turn off
    >>Norton Security, but can't get connected. The problem seems to be in
    >>the router as I cannot access secnews.netscape.com from my new computer
    >>or from my old computer (98SE) wired to the router.
    >>
    >>I've had numerous exchanges with Linksys support and even have tried a
    >>replacement router which they sent me, but no luck.
    >>
    >>I'm wondering if anyone has successfully connected to this news server
    >>who has a Linksys router. My model is a WRTGS 1.1.

    > I don't use the router, but one thing not mentioned is if TCP port 563
    > outbound is allowed in the router?

    Yes, I am able to specify this to the router. Thanks.
    Stan

    Stan, Mar 12, 2005