    ICC Profile Converter, but for some reason it won't convert my files
    properly. Does anyone have a favorite program they use to convert ICC
    printer profiles?
    Bob, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Bob

    bmoag Guest

    I believe you can do this in Elements.
    If you have created your imaging masterpiece using a calibrated monitor and
    a color managed workflow then Elements can convert your masterpiece to a
    specified printer profile with a reasonably accurate translation of colors
    from one profile to another.
    However, printer profiles vary according to the type of paper being used but
    I guess you leave that to your printing service.
    If you do not calibrate your monitor, and use a color managed workflow, then
    there is no basic reference point inside your system to define what colors
    you see when you look at your monitor and manipulate your image. Printing,
    in terms of predicable color accuracy, is then no better than a roll of the
    dice no matter whether you send your prints out or print your own.
    bmoag, Mar 31, 2006

  3. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 03:19:10 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "bmoag"
    <> wrote:

    >I believe you can do this in Elements.

    Not unless this got added in V4. I don't see any way to do it in V3 as one
    can in CS2. You can print using various paper profiles, but not convert the
    image to another color space.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 31, 2006