    and I cannot go to this URL by pressing return. I have to klick one of
    the shown up links or I have to open a new window.

    What is wrong there?

    Martin Brunner, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Martin Brunner schrieb:

    > But then The adress-line pops up with all the other links i used before
    > and I cannot go to this URL by pressing return. I have to klick one of
    > the shown up links or I have to open a new window.

    I figured out the same problem is when I enter a url which is in the
    history.

    The Adress line pops up and I cannot press enter anymore.

    Martin Brunner, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Martin Brunner

    Jowah Guest

    Martin Brunner wrote:
    > Martin Brunner schrieb:
    >
    >> But then The adress-line pops up with all the other links i used
    >> before and I cannot go to this URL by pressing return. I have to klick
    >> one of the shown up links or I have to open a new window.

    > I figured out the same problem is when I enter a url which is in the
    > history.
    >
    > The Adress line pops up and I cannot press enter anymore.

    try hitting the delete key after you have removed the unwanted part of
    the URL. That should close the drop down menu and allow you to press enter.

    Jowah, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Martin Brunner

    Rob Guest

    Jowah wrote:

    > Martin Brunner wrote:
    >
    >> Martin Brunner schrieb:
    >>
    >>> But then The adress-line pops up with all the other links i used
    >>> before and I cannot go to this URL by pressing return. I have to
    >>> klick one of the shown up links or I have to open a new window.

    >> I figured out the same problem is when I enter a url which is in the
    >> history.
    >>
    >> The Adress line pops up and I cannot press enter anymore.

    > try hitting the delete key after you have removed the unwanted part of
    > the URL. That should close the drop down menu and allow you to press
    > enter.

    The delete key can be destructive, depending on where the cursor ends
    up! I've found the "Left arrow/cursor' key works much safer, as it
    won't remove/shift any characters.
    Rob

    Rob, Jan 10, 2005