    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Kevin

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006

  2. kballen wrote:
    > I have a computer with Thunderbird installed. Version 1.5.0.7 is
    > installed and Thunderbird says there are no updates available.
    > Windows XP is the operating system and the computer is only about 3
    > months old. The problem only started about a week ago.
    >
    > When sending an e-mail and selecting only one address the e-mails
    > deliver properly. However if more than one e-mail address is selected
    > none of the e-mails deliver.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kevin

    what are you seperating the addresses with?

    if on the same line, use a comma ","

    i.e. ,

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Oct 3, 2006

  3. kballen

    kballen Guest

    Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > kballen wrote:
    > > I have a computer with Thunderbird installed. Version 1.5.0.7 is
    > > installed and Thunderbird says there are no updates available.
    > > Windows XP is the operating system and the computer is only about 3
    > > months old. The problem only started about a week ago.
    > >
    > > When sending an e-mail and selecting only one address the e-mails
    > > deliver properly. However if more than one e-mail address is selected
    > > none of the e-mails deliver.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Kevin
    > >

    > what are you seperating the addresses with?
    >
    > if on the same line, use a comma ","

    I have separated them with commas, put them on separate too lines and
    have still received the problem.

    Kevin Allen

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006
  4. Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    kballen wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> kballen wrote:
    >>> I have a computer with Thunderbird installed. Version 1.5.0.7 is
    >>> installed and Thunderbird says there are no updates available.
    >>> Windows XP is the operating system and the computer is only about 3
    >>> months old. The problem only started about a week ago.
    >>>
    >>> When sending an e-mail and selecting only one address the e-mails
    >>> deliver properly. However if more than one e-mail address is selected
    >>> none of the e-mails deliver.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> Kevin
    >>>

    >> what are you seperating the addresses with?
    >>
    >> if on the same line, use a comma ","

    > I have separated them with commas, put them on separate too lines and
    > have still received the problem.
    >
    > Kevin Allen
    >
    >> i.e. ,

    Okay, what exactly does the error message say?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Oct 3, 2006
  5. kballen

    kballen Guest

    Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    > Okay, what exactly does the error message say?

    No error messages. No e-mails bouncing back. The e-mails just never
    deliver.

    I e-mail one address and it works fine. If I send to multiple
    addresses (that work fine when sent separately) then the e-mails do
    not deliver.

    Kevin Allen

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006
  6. On 10/03/2006 08:38 AM, kballen wrote:
    > I have a computer with Thunderbird installed. Version 1.5.0.7 is
    > installed and Thunderbird says there are no updates available.
    > Windows XP is the operating system and the computer is only about 3
    > months old. The problem only started about a week ago.
    >
    > When sending an e-mail and selecting only one address the e-mails
    > deliver properly. However if more than one e-mail address is selected
    > none of the e-mails deliver.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kevin

    What happens when you type the e-mail addresses in by hand?

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 3, 2006
  7. Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    kballen wrote:

    >> Okay, what exactly does the error message say?

    > No error messages. No e-mails bouncing back. The e-mails just never
    > deliver.
    >
    > I e-mail one address and it works fine. If I send to multiple
    > addresses (that work fine when sent separately) then the e-mails do
    > not deliver.
    >
    > Kevin Allen

    Okay, test time:

    Do you have multiple email addresses? Try sending to them, see if they
    go thru.

    And, to check on it further, send a message to yourself AND me
    () with the subject [multi-send] and we shall
    see what happens.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Oct 3, 2006
  8. kballen

    kballen Guest

    Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    > What happens when you type the e-mail addresses in by hand?

    I have tried sending with some e-mails from the address book and some
    that I have just typed in. There has not been a difference.

    I have found I can send up to four e-mail addresses at one time
    successfully. If I try more than four is when the problem arises.

    I have been able to send from more than four from a different
    computer(XP and latest version of Thunderbird) successfully. Both
    computers are using the same SMTP server and settings.

    Kevin Allen

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006
  9. kballen

    kballen Guest

    Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    > Do you have multiple email addresses? Try sending to them, see if they
    > go thru.
    >
    > And, to check on it further, send a message to yourself AND me
    > () with the subject [multi-send] and we shall
    > see what happens.

    I tried about an hour ago. I didn't recieve the messages to my
    accounts. I sent you a follow-up e-mail to only your account about 15
    minutes ago. Thanks for the assistance.

    Kevin Allen

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006
  10. Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    On 10/03/2006 12:34 PM, kballen wrote:
    >> What happens when you type the e-mail addresses in by hand?
    >>

    > I have tried sending with some e-mails from the address book and some
    > that I have just typed in. There has not been a difference.
    >
    > I have found I can send up to four e-mail addresses at one time
    > successfully. If I try more than four is when the problem arises.
    >
    > I have been able to send from more than four from a different
    > computer(XP and latest version of Thunderbird) successfully. Both
    > computers are using the same SMTP server and settings.
    >
    > Kevin Allen

    Your ISP evidently has implemented a spam-control policy: maximum four
    recipients per message.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 3, 2006
  11. kballen

    kballen Guest

    Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    > Your ISP evidently has implemented a spam-control policy: maximum four
    > recipients per message.

    I thought that might be the case, and I am trying to check with my ISP.

    However on another computer with a different e-mail account but the
    same ISP I am able to send to more than 4 e-mail addresses without a
    problem.

    Do ISPs regulate that by individual e-mail address instead of by
    domain?

    Kevin Allen

    kballen, Oct 3, 2006
  12. Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    On 10/03/2006 04:20 PM, kballen wrote:
    >> Your ISP evidently has implemented a spam-control policy: maximum four
    >> recipients per message.

    > I thought that might be the case, and I am trying to check with my ISP.
    >
    > However on another computer with a different e-mail account but the
    > same ISP I am able to send to more than 4 e-mail addresses without a
    > problem.
    >
    > Do ISPs regulate that by individual e-mail address instead of by
    > domain?
    >
    > Kevin Allen

    It could be that someone guessed your password, broke into your account
    and used it to send spam, or perhaps someone whom you e-mailed reported
    your mail as spam, or perhaps whenever your ISP sees an account
    regularly sending messages to many people, they (mechanically) suspect
    it might be spam and place that restriction onto that account.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 3, 2006
  13. Re: Problem: Can only send to one e-mail address at a time

    kballen wrote:
    >> Do you have multiple email addresses? Try sending to them, see if they
    >> go thru.
    >>
    >> And, to check on it further, send a message to yourself AND me
    >> () with the subject [multi-send] and we shall
    >> see what happens.

    > I tried about an hour ago. I didn't recieve the messages to my
    > accounts. I sent you a follow-up e-mail to only your account about 15
    > minutes ago. Thanks for the assistance.
    >
    > Kevin Allen

    I received one from you at 2:47 and another followup at 2:44 ?? Your
    clocks are off <g>

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Oct 4, 2006