    was unable to burn.

    The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.

    Any idea what the problem is; thanks.

    Dave, Nov 25, 2005

  2. Dave

    EricP Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:34:19 GMT, Dave <>
    wrote:

    >For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation brand),
    >either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media player. I
    >have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other programs.
    >The disc is new and clean.
    >
    >I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files, but
    >other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and says it
    >is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says it
    >was unable to burn.
    >
    >The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >
    >Any idea what the problem is; thanks.

    probably copy protections

    EricP, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    EricP wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:34:19 GMT, Dave <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation brand),
    >>either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media player. I
    >>have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other programs.
    >>The disc is new and clean.
    >>
    >>I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files, but
    >>other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and says it
    >>is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says it
    >>was unable to burn.
    >>
    >>The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >>
    >>Any idea what the problem is; thanks.
    >>

    >probably copy protections

    I doubt it; it is dialogue which is freely copyable and I got it from a
    friend who already had it on a CD (CD-R).

    Dave, Nov 25, 2005
  4. Dave

    TNKEV Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation

    brand),
    > either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media

    player. I
    > have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other

    programs.
    > The disc is new and clean.
    >
    > I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files,

    but
    > other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and

    says it
    > is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says

    it
    > was unable to burn.
    >
    > The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >
    > Any idea what the problem is; thanks.

    try using some cd burning software here is a free one that worked
    really well for me.

    http://www.topshareware.com/Burn4Free-download-10114.htm

    --
    http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
    B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat

    TNKEV, Nov 25, 2005
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    TNKEV wrote:

    >Dave wrote:
    >

    >>For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation
    >>

    >brand),
    >

    >>either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media
    >>

    >player. I
    >

    >>have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other
    >>

    >programs.
    >

    >>The disc is new and clean.
    >>
    >>I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files,
    >>

    >but
    >

    >>other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and
    >>

    >says it
    >

    >>is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says
    >>

    >it
    >

    >>was unable to burn.
    >>
    >>The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >>
    >>Any idea what the problem is; thanks.
    >>

    >try using some cd burning software here is a free one that worked
    >really well for me.
    >
    >http://www.topshareware.com/Burn4Free-download-10114.htm

    Thanks but I really don't get this; it seemed to burn fine but the CD-RW
    does not seem to have anything on it, although it now has no free space
    at all!

    Also, I take it I cannot just copy the mp3 to the CD - you actually have
    to burn them.

    And all I need is the software right? Perhaps I need some specific
    hardware, but anyhow as said the program did seem to run properly.

    Thanks.

    Dave, Nov 26, 2005
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > TNKEV wrote:
    >
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>

    >>> For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation
    >>>

    >> brand),
    >>

    >>> either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media
    >>>

    >> player. I
    >>

    >>> have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other
    >>>

    >> programs.
    >>

    >>> The disc is new and clean.
    >>>
    >>> I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files,
    >>>

    >> but
    >>

    >>> other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and
    >>>

    >> says it
    >>

    >>> is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says
    >>>

    >> it
    >>

    >>> was unable to burn.
    >>>
    >>> The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea what the problem is; thanks.
    >>>

    >> try using some cd burning software here is a free one that worked
    >> really well for me.
    >>
    >> http://www.topshareware.com/Burn4Free-download-10114.htm
    >>

    > Thanks but I really don't get this; it seemed to burn fine but the
    > CD-RW does not seem to have anything on it, although it now has no
    > free space at all!
    >
    > Also, I take it I cannot just copy the mp3 to the CD - you actually
    > have to burn them.
    >
    > And all I need is the software right? Perhaps I need some specific
    > hardware, but anyhow as said the program did seem to run properly.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Since I can delete the CD-RW, obviously something is on it; it just
    isn't showing.

    Dave, Nov 26, 2005
  7. Dave

    Mitch Guest

    In article <B1Qhf.2765$>, Dave
    <> wrote:

    > Also, I take it I cannot just copy the mp3 to the CD - you actually have
    > to burn them.

    "burn" is the colloquial for the write process. It's the same thing.

    Mitch, Nov 26, 2005
  8. Dave

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    wrote:

    >For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation brand),
    >either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media player. I
    >have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other programs.
    >The disc is new and clean.
    >
    >I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files, but
    >other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and says it
    >is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says it
    >was unable to burn.
    >
    >The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    >
    >Any idea what the problem is; thanks.

    You need some proper buring software. I'd recommend Nero Burning ROM.
    It includes Nero Express, which would make what you want to do (burn
    MP3 to Audio CD) very easy.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Nov 27, 2005