Problem burning CD-RW : nero sends "error following track"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thierry, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. Thierry

    Thierry Guest

    My CD recorder (LG CD-RW CED-8080B 24x 8x 2x no Burnproof) works very
    well when burning CD-Rs, but with CD-RWs it almost always fails (not
    quite always, I have a couple of discs which I have used several times
    - media brand is not the issue).

    With Nero 6, I get a message "error following track". I get similar
    reactions from Clone CD.

    My system is a PC Athlon 2500+ with 512 MB RAM running Windows XP, but
    I already had the probleme with my previous configuration (Pentium
    II/Windows 98).

    My DMA settings are OK.

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Thanks in advance!
    Thierry

    Thierry, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Thierry

    °Mike° Guest

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q="error following track"

    On 3 Jan 2004 10:56:05 -0800, in
    <>
    Thierry scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Thierry

    Thierry Guest

    Sorry, but I don't see anything on the issue on the page you've
    referred me to -I always do such searches before asking in a forum.

    So my question remains open: does anyone have a clue?

    Thierry

    Thierry, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Thierry

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
    ( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

    Thierry wrote:

    > My CD recorder (LG CD-RW CED-8080B 24x 8x 2x no Burnproof) works very
    > well when burning CD-Rs, but with CD-RWs it almost always fails (not
    > quite always, I have a couple of discs which I have used several times
    > - media brand is not the issue).
    >
    > With Nero 6, I get a message "error following track". I get similar
    > reactions from Clone CD.

    There's "Track following" error. Try clean & lube job, and if this
    doesn't fix, time to get a new drive.

    (Search for Ricoh "lube" job for some hints on how to do clean&lube.)

    smh, Jan 5, 2004