    problem?
    thanks

    bye Ulisse

    Ulisse, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Ulisse

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Ulisse <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi,
    > after having turned on my PC and after the desktop has gone out,
    > my PC keeps on working for 2-3 minutes. In the meantime I cannot open
    > any propramm because my PC has to work. After three minutes my PC is
    > ready to work. And he/she works very well without problems.
    > I have AVG antivirus v.7 and Zone Alarm. Will they be the cause of the
    > problem?
    > thanks
    >
    > bye Ulisse

    You can use the Task Manager on the O/S and see what's getting the most
    CPU usage between the programs running on your machine. You can use the
    ALT\CTRL\DELETE key sequence to get to the Task Manager or right-click in
    an open area by the Start button to get to the Task Manager.

    You can disconnect the machine from the modem and disable AVG and ZA and
    boot the machine to see how long it takes, before you can do something
    else with the computer.

    Also, the machine's speed may just be too slow. The machine may not have
    enough memory, which affects performance/speed of the machine.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 5, 2003