    The choice of Standby/Hibernation is not available. That choice is not
    there. What can I do to be able to have it available again.
    Mary
    M. K. Gunn, Nov 8, 2004

  2. M. K. Gunn

    Sweet n Sour Guest

    Mostprobably you should turn it on
    in your BIOS first.

    Sweet n Sour, Nov 8, 2004

  3. M. K. Gunn

    M. K. Gunn Guest

    How do I do that?

    M. K. Gunn, Nov 8, 2004
  4. M. K. Gunn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Okay...so you aren't going to tell us what operating system you are using,
    are you. Or what kind of stinkin' computer you have. Gee, that *might*
    help...makes it too easy...so here I go having to guess again...

    Assuming you are using a computer running Windows XP:

    1) Do you know what BIOS is? If not, then get help with the computer.
    2) If you DO know what BIOS is, then your system should tell you how to get
    into the *setup* when it is booting (read the screen during the memory
    test). Often that would be "Press DEL..." or "Press F2..." and so on.
    3) In the BIOS setup screens, find the power settings and make whatever
    changes apply - such as allow the operating system to control power
    settings.

    The next consideration is whether ACPI is functioning correctly in Windows.

    Then finally, you need to go to Control Panel Power Options and be sure it
    is set to allow hibernation.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2004