Problem accessing my Palm (M105) desktop on my PC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    I have a Palm M105 and the relevant software is installed on my PC
    running Windows XP Pro. I have two hard drives, a documents one and a
    system one. The System is Drive C and the Documents was drive F.

    I connected up a USB removable drive to my system to back up the
    Documents drive and in the process, the original documents drive
    became Drive E.

    When I tried to access my Palm Desktop, nothing happened because all
    the shortcuts were pointing to drive F.

    I changed the properties of the shortcuts so that they pointed to
    Drive E.

    When I now try to access the Palm Desktop, it asks me to select a user
    but there is no list of users from which to select. There is only one
    user (myself) on the Palm system yet it doesn't show up. Has anyone
    any idea what needs to be tweaked so that I can access my Palm Desktop
    on which is stored masses of valuable data?

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Nov 22, 2006