Problem accessing certain sites

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mel, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Mel

    Mel Guest

    I have AT&T DSL broadband and a home network that has 2 pc's. The pc that is
    hard-wired to the router has a very good internet connection with the
    exception of a few sites. I am unable to access www.yahoo.com (although no
    problem with news.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com etc) and when I go to
    Youtube.com and try to watch a video the video player just hangs at
    the"loading" stage. I've tried to install the latest flashplayer without any
    success. The other pc that accesses the internet via the wireless network
    has no problems accessing the above sites or viewing videos on youtube.

    I've turned off both my antivirus (avast 4.7) and firewall (zonealarm) and
    then tried to access these sites without any success. The problem also
    occurs with Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7 and Firefox version 2.

    I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2.01 GHz with 1 GB
    RAM.

    Any ideas and potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA

    Mel

    Mel, Nov 13, 2006