    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only

    Ardent, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Ardent

    Robert Baer Guest

    Ardent wrote:

    > Hi Group
    >
    > I have an old PCCHIPS machine which I have resurrected last week. When
    > I insert a floppy and issue a dir command it shows all the files in
    > the floppy. So far ok.
    >
    > But when I want to see files in any other floppy it shows only the
    > files in the first floppy :-(
    >
    > The new floppy is not read unless I give a ctrl-C command.
    >
    > What could be the reason for this?
    >
    > --
    > Sandy Archer
    > Reply to newsgroups only

    Sounds like CP/M is the OS...

    Robert Baer, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Ardent

    Wizard Guest

    There is a switch in the floppy drive that doesn't work, replace the
    drive.

    Wizard, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Ardent

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:26:29 +0000, Ardent <> wrote:

    >Hi Group
    >
    >I have an old PCCHIPS machine which I have resurrected last week. When
    >I insert a floppy and issue a dir command it shows all the files in
    >the floppy. So far ok.
    >
    >But when I want to see files in any other floppy it shows only the
    >files in the first floppy :-(
    >
    >The new floppy is not read unless I give a ctrl-C command.
    >
    >What could be the reason for this?

    Its by design.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 08:21:14 GMT, Robert Baer
    <> wrote:

    > Sounds like CP/M is the OS...

    Ha, I loved CP/M and still play around with it.

    Current problem was in the Win98 machine.

    However I fixed the problem. I removed the floppy cable and refitted
    again. Apparently the thing was not originally pressed home and there
    was some lost connection which affected auto refresh.

    Thanks for the response.

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only